Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5 Release Candidate

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Restricted PSUNMain.exe, what else should I add?

2. pbust

pbust AV Expert

If you've already got rid of the startup and start menu entries, that should be more than enough. A basic user with restricted access should not be able to stop it.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

If they can execute PSUNMain.exe, they can stop the program.

Darn, the rule is overridden by the Users permissions. If I change that, I'm afraid it'll affect UAC execution.
    Is there anything else that I can do? I don't want to give it admin compatibility if it'll mess up the program.

Also, can a standard user uninstall Panda Cloud?

4. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Simply tell it not to inherit the parent permissions and copy the existing permissions. Then just change the one related to PSUNMain.exe.

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I did that, but they can still execute. The rule isn't automatically deleted this time, but still useless.

6. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Try deleting the file altogether.

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What? I still need it to manage Panda Cloud.

8. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Script it to copy it back and forth from a secure location from your user account for when you need it.

Regardless all this is pretty non-standard and of course non-supported. I don't even know if it will work.

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Just tried making it hidden, but access is denied. Will try in safe mode if that won't affect Panda Cloud for me.

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Success! PSUNMain.exe is invisible to other users, and Panda Cloud Antivirus works without any issues.

Thank you for your help so far, but I have one last question. Can it be uninstalled by a standard user?

11. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Shouldn't be, just like any other software uninstall by a non-admin user.

12. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thanks you for your assistance, as always. Looking forward to the release of this version.

13. pbust

pbust AV Expert

My pleasure as always :)

Just remember that the 1.5 RC will not upgrade by itself to the final 1.5 release. You'll have to uninstall the RC and install the 1.5 manually.

Non-beta regular users of 1.4 will get the 1.5 final version upgraded automatically and transparently.

14. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

@pbust
    With the previous versions I've noticed the problems above, been testing and they indeed are fixed. Thanks! Looking forward to the release.

15. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I guess the final release will be really soon? I kind of skipped the release client because I am lazy and don't want to uninstall/install again. Moreover, it gave me the opportunity to have a look at Microsoft Security Essentials again.

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

To me, this is the best Panda yet. I am tired of nickel and diming software so, I kept my mouth shut on this one.

But I have been using it since released and to me, it may be the best thing out there. Panda, listened, and Panda Cloud delivers. Kudos to all of the folks at Panda for bringing forth, a product that actually works.:thumb: ;)

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am sold. After re-reading this thread, 2 things are for sure. Members here really grill the heck out of Panda, and, Pedro, has learned how to take the boxing gloves off.. About time my friend, if you are right, KO them. Lol

Anyway, looks like time to buy 4 licences please sir. I really like the hell out of 1.5.

18. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thanks ;)

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Pedro, I am serious on how light it is. I have gone through about 10 products in 2 weeks and this is the lightest yet. I love the new gui/scan bar.

Tested it on 10 good malware links and popped them all. I have been in limbo of late with the crap of new products coming forth. You got my heart going again my friend.

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

:thumb: Memory usage has been the lowest of all the products I have used of late.

21. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I agree that Panda Cloud has really improved over the past year. With versions 1.5 and 1.9, the disk i/o issue seems to be mostly gone. Detection is outstanding also. I think this is possibly the most improved AV of 2011. :thumb:

22. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

Good news!!!!!! only performance problems i got with older version.

Hey pbust some date for version final?

23. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

This really is a huge improvement over previous versions. I started running it over the weekend and almost forgot it was there. I have 5 more months on my Cloud license. The only bummer is that I will have to reinstall it when it gets the final release. Good show Panda...:thumb: :D

24. BenMar522

BenMar522 Registered Member

@trjam...are you running prevx with it as well? I had been interested in this combo until I saw this post. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1669341&postcount=6. Maybe you can comment.

Thanks,
    BenMar

25. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

@trjam - u running the free version or the pro version ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.