Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5 final release

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thanks for the info. If it doesn't get better in the next couple of days please do let me know.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

My first Optimized scan with 1.5.2 was 14:26. I just finished a second one in a time of 6:03. So I'm seeing the improvement now.

3. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Great, thanks for the confirmation!

4. The Hammer

I'm running a full computer scan now on my netbook. While I haven't retained the log from the last time I did one with 1.5.1, as it was done when I first acquired PCAV, I remember it was a little over 3 hours. I'll post my scan result when completed.

5. The Hammer

Initial full scan with 1.5.2 was roughly 33% faster than 1.5.1.

6. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Pbust wondering if you have an opinion regarding my query on the State Of The Cloud. I've always considered WSA/Prevx too be compatible with just about any other app...I just finished a brief trial with the two WSA and Panda as previously mentioned and found no noticeable conflicts between the two. As you know, some Vendors want only their product on your P.C. but I believe in a layered approach. Is their an inherent possible conflict with existing Cloud Apps ? I'm thinking of combining Panda Pro Cloud and Webroot Essentials. Sincerely...Securon

7. pbust

pbust AV Expert

The inherent problems with having two or more security applications installed on the PC come traditionally from the file interception drivers rather than from the signatures (be it locally stored or in the cloud). Depending on how those interception drivers are developed and implemented (via standard APIs, low level direct access, etc.) those conflicts can become more or less visible in the form of slowdowns as the drivers try to access the same resource at the same time, BSODs, etc. It might be that two different products have zero conflicts between each other and a different two sets of products cause BSODs when installed together. The reason we say we rather be the only product installed on a PC is because we have not done the QA tests to verify if there is a conflict with X product on Y operating system and with Z configuration/applications. There are so many variables to check for 100% compatibility that there is simply not enough resources to do so. If you find that WSA and Panda work for you without any conflicts, slowdowns or BSODs, go for it. But if you find any conflicts in the future or with other combinations of products then that would be the first thing to solve (ie uninstalling one product to see if the problem persists). Many times people have two products installed and run into conflicts and complain when the conflicts persist after disabling one product. Disabling is many times not enough as the drivers and services are still running.

Hope this helps.

8. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Had a quick trial of the program. Tested it against a small collection of malware (on-demand scan of a folder). I couldn't find any option for just reporting the malware it finds, it automatically removed/neutralized threats it found. I thought that is ok, I can just recover them later. Looking through the "recycle bin" in Panda Cloud, most of the files I could get back but there were a couple of files it couldn't recover - they disappeared. A bit annoying.

The scanner seems very good :thumb: , but I wished it had a "report only" feature :thumbd: . Maybe there is, but it is hidden? I couldn't find it. On that basis, I uninstalled the program.

9. Securon

Good Morning ! Many thanks for your prompt response Pbust. You mentioned even after installation that drivers may still be present on the users P.C. I suspect they might be located in the Registry. Do the drivers in question have to be manually removed,or by using Apps like Revo or Ccleaner will they remove the still active drivers? Sincerely...Securon

10. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I believe you can locate drivers through Device Manager (Vista/7).

11. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Uninstall them manually,it's much safer and it's a job done with your own hands.Follow this procedure...
    "Windows Button -> Control panel -> System -> Advanced system settings ->
    System properties -> Advanced tab -> Environment variables

Then add a "New" System variable
    devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices with a value of 1

Press OK on all screens.

Then, go to device manager. Then enable "Show hidden devices" in the View menu.

Then navigate to "Non Plug n Play devices"

So if you tested quite some apps you will see a lot of drivers (especially Norton, AVG and avast! leave a lot behind)."

You should now be able to see all the unwanted drivers and uninstall them very easy.
    PS.This advice was originally posted by Matthijs5nl,but i don't remember the thread.

12. Securon

Good Evening ! Many thanks Joe Black...an excellent reference. Sincerely...Securon

13. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

It was my pleasure,glad you find it useful.

14. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

why dosent panda have sumbit files on the Panda Cloud Antivirus

15. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Because Panda automatically collects data on new files and files it finds as suspicious. If a button was added new users may think they need to click it and clog up the line of new files to be submitted.

Do you feel a button like this should be added?

16. carat

carat Guest

Did it happen with version 1.5.2? :ouch: Are you sure?

17. desertjon

desertjon Registered Member

18. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

What happened? Did you have any security software installed?

19. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

First you blamed ADAware 10 Beta for the Windows reinstall then Panda Cloud 20 minutes later so which is it and what's the deal...:blink: :rolleyes:

20. The Hammer

Beta software on one's primary macihne is not recommended.

21. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Neither are two AV's...

22. carat

carat Guest

If the panda is hungry your registry and files are in danger :D I hope it will ask before doing anything some day ... ;)

23. The Hammer

So I take it that your not recommending it anymore?

24. carat

carat Guest

I still recommend it because it hasn't destroyed my notebook so far ;) But I hope advanced options (ask before removing threats) will be available soon ...

25. Vilmalith

Vilmalith Registered Member

Are there known issues with panda cloud v1.5.x and mbam pro realtime? I have been using panda cloud on some of my machines for awhile now without problems. Bought a bunch of the mbam pro lifetime licenses when they were on sale.

Now on some of the machines panda just stops running. Get a generic problem with process error and panda was shutdown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.