Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.3

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eugene91

eugene91 Registered Member

I think Pbust posted at pcav forums to uninstall it for the time being? there are quite a number of people who's having that issue as well, which I do on my desktop.. Anti-Phising URL Guard error..

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! I use Prevx 3.0...and after my usual morning scan it detected three suspected files all Panda...and one it described as high detection malware...the thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth...is with Prevx...not being able too identify that the supposed threats come from a reputable competitor...in this case Panda. What I'm alluding to is why would a reputable competitor infect your P.C. and as such why wouldn't Prevx's detection base automatically detect it and delete it without unduly annoying the user...with a system infected alert. Sincerely...Securon

3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Yes but only for users that are having troubles, for test you can uninstall the current toolbar and URL filter then reinstall from the toolbar setup link given in the PCAV blog.

4. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I had big hopes for this new release, as I have a 2 year valid license. But this was a huge disappointment. I'm tempted to actually contact the support to get my money back. What a waste.

PCA is nothing but a fraud, based on the system impact and the extremely bad detection rates against 0-day threats. :thumbd:

5. Gauchoo

Gauchoo Registered Member

I'm no expert when testing malware ... but the thing with the languy dude, he wouldn't test his precious Comodo stuff with malware when it looked as if it was not working right.

Thanks to pbust and Panda for the free pro license.

6. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I did take advantage of the give away but for the moment will stick with Avast Free. What I'm not understanding is the folks that are claiming it tests poorly when in fact, at least viewing the ongoing MRG tests, it is performing nearly perfect. It has only missed one sample since the tests began. Most of the popular a-vs have missed numerous samples!

7. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

says who? languy? lol...:rolleyes:

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Oh, don't you know? If Languy says something is bad, not even God can argue :rolleyes: :D On topic, not working with Sandboxie killed the deal for me.

9. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Now I have not used Sandboxie so that may be wrong but is there somewhere in the app where you can allow certain files to access sandboxed files?

10. ELWIS1

ELWIS1 Registered Member

I conducted a little test and panda Cloud on 3rd place.

11. carat

carat Guest

591 próbek = 591 samples? :doubt:

12. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Yes :D

13. ELWIS1

ELWIS1 Registered Member

Yes, Widzę, że jakiś Polak:D

I don't have such a powerful computer to run the example, the 10 000 samples.

14. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

1) My friend and I Thank You for the free licenses! :thumb: :thumb:

2) We both got this failure (see screenie) on our XP/SP3 systems during install and upon restart. I uninstalled both components. Running MBAM Pro, a DNS service and Firefox's built in blocking I am not interested in the Panda solution until user Whitelisting and a UI on/off function is implemented.

3) Languy99 couldn't test a AA flashlight battery.

Attached Files:

15. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Hi Pbust,
    On Win7 x64 I uninstalled PCAV 1.1.2, rebooted, installed 1.3 including toolbar. Toolbar showed correctly in the browser, but there was no panda2_0dn.exe process running though. Rebooted again, still no process, then I manually installed the Toolbar again from the link provided in the blog but still no process. But there are no errors like in the screenshot from the post above me. Repair/remove programs shows 4 installed: Panda Cloud Antivirus, Panda Identity Protect, Panda Security Toolbar, Panda Security Toolbar URL filtering. This was both before and after I manually installed the toolbar again.

16. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

If you read all the latest posts here and also in other forums (and if you have the chance to test yourself) , do you still disagree ?

From what I see for the release of PCA 1.3 :
    # great marketing - mass IT media shocked us with news about this "great" release
    # forum here full of posts about it

# practially
    @ we see poor malware protection - Panda could clean , can't protect :cautious:
    @ no quality assurance - how could they miss this obvious bug re. antiphishing appearing on so many computers or their marketing just rushed to get some more attention

A security product from a company that strives for good reputation must be flawless , must be trouble free , install with no problems and actually protect the computer well enough. Panda is far from this

You all seem to be excited just because an employee from the company (in this case pbust and Pandasecurity) is giving you so much attention in your favourite place (a.k.a. here). Presents, attention and giveaways doesn't make a given product The Product.

17. shadek

shadek Registered Member

No! I test approximately 50 new 0-day malware a day on in my own testing environment (with ShadowDefender of course), and PCA detects about 10% of them. That is pure ********. Languy is a joke in my opinion. PCA is a waste of money. I dick on it. I seldom use these kind of harsh words, but PCA is utter garbage.

18. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

You sound like I was coming after you, lol. I agree Languy is a waste of time and so are the vast majority of Youtube tests. Some around here take Languy as proof of something, of course, some around here also have worship services for various other vendors and software. What can ya do? *shrug* :D

19. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

But LanGuy has a whole community following him, doing simular tests on a VM and chasing some malware domains (:D ). So he is an opinion leader and he must be a great malware chaser, a security expert, an ICT-visionair :)argh: ). According to Languy AntiVirus can have a good day or a bad day, depending on the focus of their blacklist :)D), on any given zero day, you win or you lose :p

When Melih has no humereous blog of movie I sometimes watch Languy's reviews for entertainment.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  20. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

From what I've seen Languy is just like every other person posting these "reviews" on Youtube. He has no idea what he's doing, no idea how half the products he tests work and then says everything is bad but his favourite products.

21. shadek

shadek Registered Member

It was never my intention coming after you. I'm trying not to be biased although you can fairly easy see what I'm using in my signature. I do try most of the security softwares against my own source of 0-day malware (not MDL and I test security apps against aprox. 50 0-day malwares each day). PCA is the biggest joke and fraud there is on the market. It's a controversial and strong opinion, I know. But I face the facts of the detection, prevention and removal of malware.

PCA markets itself as being lightweight and cloud-based and claims their software do all the work "in the cloud". That is an obvious lie of course. Compare PCA to (in my case) Prevx after installation and you'll see what's "most in-the-cloud" when it comes to size of installation and prompts made from the cloud. I rest my case.

PCA is still slow when it comes to notifications of detections. It still uses the same amount of disk I/O usage. It still have an extremely poor detection rate. And let's not even get into its cleaning capacities.

Pbust, I know you'll read this, and you have plenty of work to do when it comes to inform the developers behind this fraud of software. I want my money back, but I know I cannot. Hell, PCA can't even remove a month old TDSS.

Oh, on a side note, all of you know a real Panda is a bear, right? Strong, brave and ruthless. In this case, Panda Cloud Antivirus is a scared cat afraid of a mouse.

This will be my last post in this thread. Good bye Panda.

22. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I just tested the notification and they came up much faster then the past version.

23. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Citation please. Provide the facts of detection please. I'm not talking about some amateur YouTube video.

Sounds like you have an axe to grind with Panda.

24. clocks

clocks Registered Member

IMO 3GUSER & SHADEK speak the truth. Their findings seem very similar to my own. I am not a AMTSO testing agency, but try 20-30 (or 500) random malware links with PCAV vs something like Prevx, Norton, CIS, etc.. and you will see a huge difference in protection.

And PCAV is no lighter than most other anti-malware programs.

25. billy13

billy13 Registered Member

I had to uninstall it too... Didn't like it at all...:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.