Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.3

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Which one?

2. Dr33

Dr33 Registered Member

that one

3. pbust

pbust AV Expert

The first issue is with the regular toolbar under certain configs of Chinese and Japanese systems. This is not yet solved.

The other issue with the URL filtering component (independent of the toolbar) was fixed. If you have it running (panda2_0dn.exe process) then it should prevent you from visiting http://www.cloudantivirus.com/testurlfilter.

4. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

@pbust
    Good to hear, thanks for the information!
    In the mean time I noticed one other thing. The URL Filtering executable (panda2_0dn.exe) is not digitally signed. This could lead to suspiciousness when auditing systems with tools like Autoruns.

Attached Files:

5. minhgi

minhgi Registered Member

HELLO....

Can anyone here help my resolve this issue? My Panda icon in the system tray is gone and would not come back after repeated installation. I try to use the Panda removal tool and it does not help. I notice in my task manager the "PSUNMain.exe" is gone. Any time I try to run Panda manually, the "PSUNMain.exe would show up for 5 second and then disappear. Running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and NIS 2011 for 6 months now

Thanks in advances.

6. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I'd start by running HMP. If it comes up clean create a new user account and install PCAV.

7. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Wait are you running NIS and Panda at the same time? It is never a good idea to run more then one av at a time.

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

But PANDA said that one is able to do so, like Prevx.
    Or have they changed their minds?;)

9. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Yes but it was never guaranteed that it would work with all AV's. Like AVG if they are both on the same machine AVG will quarantine PSANhost.exe so maybe Notron is preventing Panda from running.

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Does Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.3 (Paid version) works with laptops being in hibernate mode all day long?

I ask this because i installed it on my bros laptop and it was fine until like a month ago, i think it fails to start (Windows was saying it was not enabled), even after restarting a few times, and i couldn't open the GUI no matter what i did, so i uninstalled it in the meantime :D

11. minhgi

minhgi Registered Member

Can you tell me what is an HMP?

12. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

HMP = HitManPro

13. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I have PCAV Pro and MBAM in real-time on my Win 7 Ult x64 pc. As a test I installed NIS2011 and it is co-existing w/out incident.

Attached Files:

14. minhgi

minhgi Registered Member

HMP did not detect anything. I have WindowBlind before and it had cause issue before with missing icon. I took it off and it looks like it had restore all the icons.

Man I want Panda Cloud :'(

That a sweet setup

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  15. pbust

pbust AV Expert

So I understand it correctly... after you disabled or uninstalled WindowBlind the Panda icon came back?

16. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

What's the on demand scan speed like?

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

IMO, if you do a "Full Scan" it's the slowest i've ever used.
    In Optimized scan i would say it's Avg :)

18. pbust

pbust AV Expert

This has been fixed and the update was pushed yesterday to all users automatically and transparently.

Thanks control and WhiteDragon for your help in finding the problem!

19. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Pbust i dont see any verison number change. was there a change?

20. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

No version change, this is the new feature in v1.3 that allows hot fixing the behavior blocker rules without a program update.

21. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Is there going to be password or UAC protected settings in the near future?

22. carat

carat Guest

Does this apply to Optimized scan or Full scan? The full scan takes 1.5 hours for 20 GB - even if I scan my HDD daily :oops:

23. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Mine takes about 40 minutes with 30+Gbs. Maybe its in your settings somewhere.

24. carat

carat Guest

Settings? Is there an option to turn off archive scanning? :doubt:

25. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

@control
    If you haven't already, give this a try: go to the Resident Shield Component in AVG, uncheck "Resident Shield active" and click "Save changes" and try the Panda full scan again. Does that speed it up?

Since you didn't seem it necessary to mention if you're using the free or paid Panda or what OS you use, you are expert in their configs and there isn't any discussion worthwhile in that. Fortunately, Resident Shield is uniform across all releases of AVG 2011!

Ultimately it could be 1.5 hours is 1.5 hours. Go watch a movie or don't use Panda. :D

@all except control
    These discussions between users about scan times are so absurd; but I do such a kick out of them I laugh out loud. One man's 20 GB can have 75,000 files while another's 40 GB can have 30,000. It's like listening to two guys... "Hey my 3 cubit foot carton weighs 40 pounds and your 7 cubic footer is 25 pounds. Huh?" "Uh, I dunno man. Uh, maybe it's the shipping labels, dude." :cautious: And that's completely setting aside the nearly endless variety in hardware. Like I said, laugh out loud funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.