Panda Cloud 2.1

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cloud, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

I don't see what you are trying to prove here?

Stuff on MDL is sometimes 'minutes' old on the first page, very very few products actually stop most of those. I know, I have used MDL to test products. Unless you are using something with a HIPS you aren't going to prevent those anyway. PandaCloud doesn't have a HIPS. PandaCloud generally scores in line with most of the popular AV products. But the key for me in using it is that it is cheap, light, fast, and efficient. I can install it on client machines and never have to worry about it. Nothing guarantees you won't get infected, everyone knows that.

Also you are mad because it didn't detect 'Riskware'? That's an entirely different category, and aren't usually picked up by traditional AV's. Panda has poor PUP protection, but Riskware isn't PUP, and most AV's also suck at PUP so nothing to see here.

2. malexous

malexous Registered Member

My malware domain testing today suggests the opposite. Give it a proper chance.

3. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Yes, Panda should really integrate it in the core product itself. Would help a lot of confused users.

Maybe someday.
    Ice

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Blunt Panda Blog (marketing) statement is silly and pathetic, when looking at the test of AV-Comparatives, AV-Test and MRG-Flash it is lagging behind on fresh (zero day samples), see This https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2176109&postcount=98

I would not have noticed when I had not tried with fresh samples of a honey pot (less than 12 hours old). Second try with malware domain (HMP flagged it) could be just bad luck, but to much coincidence to ignore it (when three testing agencies confirm this incident).

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

6. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Yes I understand where you are coming from and will not argue against it, but sometimes that may not always happen. Am I right? ;)

ZVL is a separate project they developed outside of Panda and like you said, it uses a different mechanism, so you will come across some difficulty trying to connect a bridge to these products. Panda are focusing on 0-day malware, but current implemented technology in the product can be extended to detect malware that use different techniques. Simply by using gathered knowledge from the cloud and possible to update certain technologies without an immediate upgrade.

That is one malware sample more, not quite a lost for either product. Avast does indeed have a lot to offer, more than simple traditional methods, as does Panda and other products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.