Panda Cloud 2.1

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cloud, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Yep,that's the one i was talking about.
    And after i use the clear function and i re-open Panda,all the files are back there.Is it normal??

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  2. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

No, when I clear mine. It says clear with exception to any new processes that occur following the clear. It will eventually repopulate to a list similar what you had before if those processes run.

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

For awhile now I have been thinking to myself that it would be nice to schedule either an optimized or full scan to be run at a time of my choosing. I usually like to schedule scans during times when my PC is not being used. With the current setup of PCAV, you basically have to open the GUI whenever you want to do a scan and have a scan run by clicking on your choice. I know there is an option to check to have PCAV scan in background after the cache is updated, the only drawback is there is no set times that the cache is synchronized, you more or less are only doing an optimized scan, and there is no option to do a full scan here. On my machine I have seen this happen as much as twice a day or as little as once a week. I would like the ability to do an automated optimized scan on a daily basis and then a full scan say on a weekly basis (or whenever I would like to schedule it).

I realize with the current version there is no way to do this through the GUI and I have verified that PCAV does not have any command line options so that you could use Windows Task Scheduler to do the scans. I am really happy with the way the PCAV GUI is now and really see no need to clutter it up with these options to schedule a scan.

What I am proposing (and would love to see implemented) is command line options so I could schedule these scans using Windows Task Scheduler to perform these. Nothing would have to be changed with the GUI and that would keep it simple. It should also be simpler and easier to implement the command line options without having to integrate it directly with the GUI.

I have made this suggestion over to the PCAV community ideas, and would appreciate that if everyone that thinks this would be a good addition, could go over and cast a vote of approval. the more that agree with this idea, then the more likely (and possibly sooner) it may be implemented. I thank you all for reading this and taking into consideration whether you may think this would be a good improvement to PCAV that would enhance its functionality.

You may find this suggestion here:
    -http://cloudav.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Command-Line-Options/366635-15157
    if you agree with my suggestion and would please take the time to vote for it.
    Thanks again for your time!!!

4. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Does the URL Filter even work anymore? every time I try to go to the test page, I get this

This website is for testing purposes only.

If Panda Cloud Antivirus Web & URL filtering is active, you should not see this web page loaded in your browser except if you bypassed the filter.

and this is the URL I went to http://www.cloudantivirus.com/testurlfilter/

I have this installed on two of my PCs and they both do the same thing on both of them.

Toolbar is uninstalled on both, but the URL filtering process remains.

Is there any other way I can test this, to find out if it's working as it should.

5. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Registered Member

I also have the same question. I too getting the same error :(
    Hello "Pbust" could you please reply about this problem o_O :)

Regards,

6. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Re: URL filter
    Wonder what browsers people are experiencing issues with :doubt:
    From my own experience the URL filter is not compatible with Comodo Dragon.
    Maybe other browsers as well o_O

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I use comodo dragon and i tried the visicom url domain advisor which ive been informed surmounts to the same thing and i could not get it to block a single thing although i dont know if that was because i was using dragon or not plus it leaves garbage at start up when uninstalled.

8. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

It would be nice if they would integrate the URL Filter inside of Panda Cloud, without relying on a separate process (Like what Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition does ). I'm not sure if they can do that though, considering it's being housed by Visicom

I could be wrong though, maybe it is possible

9. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Panda blocked an malicious URL and then says it did not protect me and I should install panda o_O :D

Attached Files:

10. The Red Moon

No that is not what it says.It says the security program you are currently using did not protect you.
    Looks like a legitimate and harmless ad.:cool:

11. BoerenkoolMetWorst

About the URL filter test page, I think that's the old one, the new one has a different URL.

Which is Panda.. So why present an ad for Panda free to Panda users?

12. The Red Moon

Yes i see your point.

13. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

Does Panda use self-protect by any chance so it can't be disabled if a virus were to slip through?

14. eugene91

eugene91 Registered Member

Correct me if i'm wrong. You actually need to install the toolbar first to get the Panda URL Filter to install/work.

15. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Panda is my 'go-to' AV to install on client and machines I work on now.. It's very cheap ($2-$3) on Ebay, it just works, is light as hell, and offers above average protection.

My go-to..

16. internet addict

I love how light Panda is on system resources. I've heard it has great detection rates but also hope the removal is top-notch as well. Been using for a couple months now and I can't even tell it's there.

17. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

There are users who use the URL Filter in conjunction with your security product, and they are being targeted. The addon doesn't scan your computer for a security product or anything so everyone can see the ad.

Yes, yes it does.

18. internet addict

Nice. Self-protect is an important feature.

19. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

20. internet addict

I don't even realize it's running in the background it's so quiet. Probably the most user-friendly AV I've tried. The reason I wanted to know if it had self-protection is because I took a look in the advanced settings and it wasn't there. That should just be mandatory for all AVs.

21. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb:

22. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Making my own little European Union contribution, helping Panda to become better: bug and a glitch see text

Attached Files:

23. Kees1958

I have a friend working in security business for a bank (reverse engineer), his hobby is his work, he runs some honeypots of his own. This weekend I wanted to see the results of Panda's "new exploit protection".

The bold Panda blog statement raised my expectations, because it is plausible in theory
    1) Panda being cloud, should score better than a traditional AV against fresh samples. At least that is the marketing promise (allways connected, allways the latest malware fingerprints, better protected against new malware).
    2) Panda choose a different mechanism than the guys from ZeroVulnability Labs (were Panda Employees), looking at ZVL ExploitShield hooks monitoring, which seems to be pretty effective against exploits. Therefore I had high expectations of the new behavioral improvements of Panda.

Strange disappointing results in practise
    I don't want this to make an A versus B thread, I just needed some other AV as reference (in this case Avast, but could have been any other free AV). To put it simple, in my irrelevant small sample test Avast missed one and Panda missed two malwares. How come Panda did not beat a traditional AV when the test only consisted of less than 12 hour old malware?
    Looking for an explanation, how did Panda do in tests of respected test agencies?
    Because my test was only based on 18 fresh samples found in the wild, the test is so small that it could not be representative. Therefore I turned to more or less "established and recognised" independant test organisations to check how far my results were 'off' (differed from their results). To my surprise in those test the 'traditional' Avast (with a client side database) scored better in fresh samples than the 'innovative' Panda (with a cloud based data base). See the picture, blue is traditional AV test aspects, yellow are test related to zero day protection. Picture explaines it all :gack:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  24. Kees1958

Even malware domain testing confirms it (with PUP enabled in Panda), the first download I try, could be just bad luck, but I am done with Panda.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  25. BoerenkoolMetWorst

Still, it might confuse regular users who have Panda Cloud installed. Perhaps they should move the integration of URL filter into the PCAV itself higher up the priority list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.