Panda Cloud 2.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thanks Pedro, after trying 1.9 again, it made my choice very easy. Looking forward to the finished product.

2. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Can i install 1.9 beta version on top of 1.5?
    And,i opted out the toolbar,does this mean i don't have web protection?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  3. FeralVirus

FeralVirus Registered Member

I don't think the toolbar is consquential. I've also removed it. BTW, Panda should just delete the 'coupons' part entirely. I was actually getting popups at the CNET site which is exactly what you don't want from AV package. Even removing the toolbar kept the coupons coming. It was only after I customized the toolbar to remove coupons did I stop the problem. I don't see much utility in that thing at all.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

install the toolbar then uninstall it and you will still have url protection.

5. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

Coupons? Pop ups from Panda? Can you elaborate on this?

6. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

I quote myself because no one replied to me as it should.No,if you install Panda Cloud and opt out the toolbar,you'll have no web protection.I've run 2 malware links and Panda didn't react at all.I installed after that Panda toolbar and run again the links.This time were blocked.Thanks.

7. FeralVirus

Unfortunately one element of the security toolbar includes 'coupons.' Why they included this is a mystery. But if you visit CNET you will get a coupon popup on some product (can't remember which it is). Remove 'coupons' from the toolbar and they don't appear. I'll try to remember to post a screenie when I can to show you.

Wow....we need some definitive answer on this. I read this about version 1.3:

http://blog.cloudantivirus.com/2010/10/27/panda-cloud-antivirus-1-3/

Malicious Web & URL Filtering. This feature blocks websites that push malware, exploits and drive-by downloads. It is available both in Free and in Pro Editions and is installed by the toolbar. Unlike similar solutions, this web filtering works at a low level so it works under all browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc. For those of you that didn’t install the toolbar but would like to install the Web & URL Filtering, you can download it from here and install it manually.

Here's a wiki entry that elaborates on both:

http://wiki.cloudantivirus.com/index.php/Panda_Security_Toolbar

Perhaps with URL blocking issue is a beta 'feature.' :shifty:

8. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Hmmm... that's not good. If I remember correctly there were requests to have URL Protection provided as a built-in feature which could be turned on/off when needed from the GUI and @pbust replied it was on the to-do list for future releases. Again, I'm not sure where did I see it... but somehow feels more like a trick to make users install the toobar (even if you can uninstall it later on)

9. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

It is not a trick. Why would you think that? ;)

10. FeralVirus

This thread in the support forums suggest URL protection remains whether or not the toolbar is installed. See second post......

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=61209&tstart=0

edit:Reading further in that forum it appears that you have an option of whether or not to install the toolbar when you install PCAV. It is not clear to me if you uncheck that box that that you have eliminated URL protection. However we are told that you should install the toolbar with the AV install and later you can remove the toolbar in the browser and URL protection remains. That's what I'm gleaning anyway. Panda needs to communicate this more clearly.

11. atomomega

During PCAV installation it does ask you wether you want to install the toolbar or not. But that's the same thing, in the end you end up installing the toolbar in order to get URL Protection... if you opt-out to install the toolbar, you don't get URL Protection... :doubt:

12. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I thought they were going to try include URL protection into the install process without the need to install the toolbar so that feature is part of the core. Is this coming in version 2 or planned for later?

13. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

just install the toolbar to get the url protection then you can just uninstall the toolbar. easy as that.

14. atomomega

I know... ;)

15. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

No one knows. :)

16. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I have a 3-year licence for Panda Cloud Pro, which I can't use because it conflicts badly with Comodo Firewall on my system, which I'm not prepared to give up to run Panda Cloud. I realise there are known conflicts between Panda Cloud and Comodo but it would be nice if these could be resolved in Panda Cloud 2.0.

Has anybody managed to successfuly run the Panda Cloud beta alongside Comodo Firewall on Windows XP without experiencing boot time conflicts or other system instability?

17. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

I gave up on Comodo and went with OnlineArmor because it works well with Panda Cloud and OA is also better at passing Comodo's leak tests.

18. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I have panda cloud pro working with comodo firewall on win 7 premium. I haven't noticed any issues. Yet.

19. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

I had to switch back from 1.9beta to 1.5 because simply browsing through explorer using the arrow keys was skippy and my system become a complete drag.

20. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Install the toolbar then uninstall the toolbar URL protection remains.

21. FeralVirus

Yes, that's what I've done. I haven't seen any slowdowns.....things seem pretty snappy. And I've got spyshelter running too.

22. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Thanks for replying.

As soon as I get time, I think I'll uninstall the Comodo Firewall for a bit and try the Panda Cloud 1.9 beta to see how it runs on my system. I'm interested to see what the Panda firewall is like.

23. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

24. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Due to this topic I tried it out. So far I like it. Im only using it along with DropMyRights on my browser.

25. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.