Panda Cloud 1.4

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by The Hammer, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

No, i've rebooted 4 times and it's not there and yes, you're correct about: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Panda Software\Setup, should have said this..

I'll just wait a couple of days before i'll "shout" again, it's probably as you say because millions of installs are being upgraded. :)

2. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

So far so good on my 2 PC's. Reformatted one of them and both the boot time and resource seem faster and lighter.

3. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Is there "anything" under the \KHLM\...\Setup\Hotfix directory? Sometimes it can be labeled "hfca031102s1r1" or "hfca031102s1".

4. Sir Percy

No, i'll check it tomorrow evening as well and get back to you if it's updated then.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I/O reads is very high

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

My other issue seemed to be fixed, but what about this?

7. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Bummer.

8. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

is this high i/o reads ?

Attached Files:

9. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Regarding the I/O reads, does it make your PC consume more resources or feeling heavy?

If there are reads by the AV it is an indication that the shield it's doing its job, scanning all the files which are read or written by the OS or any other application.

This normally is more visible if you have a lot of activity, such as for ex defrags, windows search, etc. but as long as it doesn't impact the performance it should not matter at all.

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

How are you people looking at I/O exactly and how do you interpret it? It's best to look at I/O as a whole (= R+O, W), for example using Process Hacker to look at "I/O History".

io-perf.JPG

EDIT: meant to say "Process Hacker", not "Process Explorer".

11. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I have been looking at I/O read & write bytes using Process Explorer. For instance the AV program I currently have installed I have 7GB of read i/o bytes since last reboot, which has been over a day ago. With PCAV, I have that amount after an hour.

Will there be disk/cpu tweaks in version 1.5?

BTW - People bring this up because the whole cloud idea was supposed to make the program lighter than a regular AV. thanks

12. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It doesn't add up. Can you please look at read & write bytes using Process Hacker and see if its consistent with Process Explorer?

13. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Perhaps you could do the same thing.

14. pbust

pbust AV Expert

I did already, that's why I'm saying it doesn't add up as they each give a completely different measurement. We'll investigate this more in-depth.

15. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

according to this screenie, I must say it has improved a lot. I also remember PCAV causing intense disk activity. Tho, my personal choice is Process Explorer.

16. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Pc didnt feel slow with panda cloud pro
    but there was some conflict with cmt so have uninstalled for the moment
    will wait for 1.5

17. clocks

clocks Registered Member

As far as I can tell, Process Hacker cannot be configured to show read/write i/o bytes. Only if you go to system information, and then is shows i/o bytes for the full system, rather than an individual process.

If I compare Process Explorer to Windows Task Manager (win7), their usage appears to match up.

18. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Ok, I found it in Process Hacker. Need to double click on the process and then go into "Statistics". The bytes it shows in there is the exact same as Process Explorer.

19. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Yep look at the bursts and check the bytes read/write also. Large jumps in bytes read mean the application pulls heavy on the weakest link in most PC's the harddisk. When you have for instance two fast 148 MB/sec Samsungs in raid0 striping, you near the maximum througput of sataII, with four disk you will run into sata600 lmitation. Average SSD has read speads of 220 MB/sec so on most boards you near the theoretical speed limit (except for the lucky ones who have sata600 mobo).

Panda's innovation to prioritise data manipulation by programs, would be even better when Panda's cache would work more like Avast.

20. Sir Percy

Hi Pedro

Just a FYI, the hotfix has still not installed. It's not that big an issue for me so unless you wish to try something i will simply wait for 1.5 which i assume will arrive within the next 1-2 months?

21. m0unds

m0unds Guest

re: high i/o - fwiw, the windows I/O R/W counters (in taskmgr, process explorer, whatever) refer to *all* types of I/O ops, including file, network and device I/O. not just disk I/O. since it's a cloud-based product, i'd assume getting hashes from the cloud for file lookups would also cause the counter to increment regardless of how much is being read from disk.

use resource monitor (vista/w7) if you want to see purely disk IO activity and what's generating it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
  22. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

Installed latest version on Windows XP SP2/Athlon64 3200+/2.01 Ghz with 1 GB of RAM and all my apps with slow loading, i dont know why Panda think all world has super pcs.

23. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Does the problem still persist after an Optimized Scan?

24. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

I made a complete scan system/partitions all and after the scan i restart my pc for normal activities and when per example AIDA64, Revo Uninstaller are slow for open and problem also when a folder that has a big number of archives when i open that folder i need a time for see all files.

25. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

Other strange when i copy a RMVB file of 150 MB and paste it in other folder also is loading slow.

I trying Panda always, is very good against new malware but it not work correctly here. :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.