panda antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mantra, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

is good?
    the update are fequently??

i plain to install on a laptop,and i need very fast update..
    how many kb are the update?

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Panda updates at least daily, more as needed for outbreaks of course. It used to be my prefered AV but the latest Platinum is quite a memory eater. Be sure to have LOTS of RAM if you chose to run Panda.

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Why take Platinum? If you want something cheap go for Titanium, Panda updates at least once a day. I feel Panda is a very good Antivirus, its detection is very good (from 2004 version onwards).

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I took the advantage of the 'free' 12-month offer for Panda Platinum last year for my daughter's laptop. This runs much lighter than the recent version with the TruePrevent technology.

She has had no performance hit with Panda and together with BOClean it has let through no infections despite intensive P2P file-sharing. She likes the little Panda in the system tray and it is easy to setup for newbies.

I will simply buy a cheap CD version from Amazon, once her license is due for renewal; http://search.ebay.com/Panda-Platinum-AntiVirus_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am running the Panda Internet Security 2005 and the resource usage is negliable on my comp. I do have the tru prevent turned off though.It auto updates at least once a day and as much as three time a day if needed,It updates so smoothly that I wouldn't even know it if I didn't have it set to notify me when it updates.

bigc

6. bigc73542

you might want to check here for panda panda "cheap"

bigc

7. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Thanks for the link bigc. Theres some very good deals on antivirus products there.

8. phatkid77

phatkid77 Registered Member

quick Qo_Oo_O

i purchased the panda platinum last yr....was waiting for my free survey trial to end B4 activating..........

so............when i try to activate it says its already registeredo_O??
    i tried a couple times, so maybe i did activate it the first time, but it looked like an error in spanish, but didnt get a code for the updates.........so when i try to update its an error too......

ive emailed panda, but yet to hear back, and i just emaild softwareoutlet (kinda amazed i remembered where i purchased)..

any ideas guys

cory

9. bigc73542

I have dealt with software outlet quite a bit and they will take care of you if you contact them. they are a reputable company. i am not sure about a year old purchase but it won't hurt to try.

10. phatkid77

phatkid77 Registered Member

thanks man....i thought i would try.....actually looks like i have the internet security oneo_O??
    if this falls thru, this NOD32 looks to be the shizzle.....whe can i get this on the cheap??

thanks

11. bigc73542

You might get a student discount with proof you are a student. Besides that I have not seen much of a discount on Nod. :(

12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

If you have TruPrevent turned off your comments regarding resource usage can be discounted as most users are likely to run it.

13. bigc73542

I also ran it with it on and turned it off only because of a conflict with other software on my comp. It didn't seem to affect the speed or the way the comp ran with TRU prevent on.

14. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I"m not disagreeing with the above comments as I have never used Panda except for the online scanner so I am not really in a position to say. However all the Computer magazine reviews I have read and there have been quite a few indicate you are in the minority with regard to resource usage with TruPrevent on.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  15. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Yea, if I could get a price break on it I would replace the freebie
    Anti Vir in a heart beat. It is just a little high imo. :(

16. Firecat

If not NOD, take BitDefender....its not too costly at USD 29....:)

17. mercurie

Thanks FireCat,
    I ran the free version of BitDefender for a while (as a second opinion). I thought it was pretty good. The worst problem was an occassional update hang "failure" usually second or third attempt worked. I did them manually just before my scan, is there any difference with the paid version? If I liked Nod32 but for what ever reason did not or could not use it why would I choose Bitdefender, what would make it similar good alternative? :)

18. mercurie

Good to know BigC, word of mouth on this is a big help as I am a little afraid to buy from unknown internet vendors on the internet and eveyone is unknown until you use them the first time. This site has had my eyeballs for right good while. ;)

19. colorado13

colorado13 Registered Member

For Mantra: I used Panda before and i had a lot of problems with it. It's really shitty. U should try Nod32( my favorite), Karspersky or Bitdefender.

Regards

20. bigc73542

Well as you probably know, all software doesn't run the same on all computers. And I have just reinstalled panda internet security 2005 with all options on and it still runs light on here. I will agree that I have also heard of people having slowing problems with tru prevent but that can be said for several security products.

21. Firecat

Well, I too suffered from the hanging updates in BD Free - it did not seem to happen when I trialed the paid version.

BitDefender would be the next choice to look for after NOD because:

1)Signature detection - As good or better than NOD32
    2)Heuristics - New heuristics are second best (NOD32 is 1st) in the business according to AV-Comparatives' latest retrospective test ;)
    3)Updates - Very frequent ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.