Panda Antivirus 2007 beta 2.01.81

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dan_maran, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I had done a complete re-image on my desktop today due to BitDefender screwing up with an update, and remembered that i had gotten an email from Panda stating they had a new beta if I was interested, so what the hell.

-It is lighter than before, I mean noticeably lighter, not memory consumption but feel even with all heuristic attributes on.
    -There is still not a folder exclusion setting only "types"
    -No options to prompt for action on infected files auto delete - bad idea IMO eventhough they give you a tiny warning I just found.
    - Scan speed is relatively fast
    -and as stated system response is good

And now the screen's

Taskmgr
    http://xs311.xs.to/xs311/07035/Panda.37-1.jpg.xs.jpg
    http://xs311.xs.to/xs311/07035/Panda.45.jpg.xs.jpghttp://xs311.xs.to/xs311/07035/Panda.53.jpg.xs.jpghttp://xs311.xs.to/xs311/07035/Panda.58.jpg.xs.jpg
    http://xs311.xs.to/xs311/07035/Panda.02.jpg.xs.jpghttp://xs311.xs.to/xs311/07035/Panda.08.jpg.xs.jpghttp://xs311.xs.to/xs311/07035/Panda.15.jpg.xs.jpg

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hey that looks quite light lol
    since it is panda.
    lodore

3. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

I noticed though on the panda website that AV 2007 does not come with trueprevent. However Titanium and IS do. Would be interested in howlight it is with Trueprevent.

Sounds like an improvment though for Panda although I have to confess I have never tried it on my computer.

Cheers

Jlo

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ive never tryed it eiether but all ive heard in the past was that the detection was great but it slowed the computer down way to much.
    but norton made the 2007 version lighter so why not panda make there 2007 lighter.
    kaspersky,antivir,dr web and nod32 already have light programs and need to work on other areas.
    what is it with the colour yellow on interfaces thou?

lodore

5. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

They have retooled TruPrevent into their new heuristic engine. It is much-much lighter and faster...:)

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

if it is true that the AV does not come with TruPrevent, id pass on it and go for the IS.

i think one of the really good things from panda, is TruPrevent, and if i ever thought of panda, that would be a reason to switch.
    although, i really aint gonna leave the doctor. :D

7. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

As I said, TruPrevent's technology is still there. It is incorporated into a new heuristic engine.
    When Panda Antivirus 2007 was released this change was discussed in this post: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=141951&highlight=panda 2007...:eek: :)

8. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

If you read the post to the end and go to Panda website you will read its not the same as True prevent. Its improved heuristics but not True Prevent.

If you look at the products on offer at the website then IS and Titanium with firewall have true prevent but AV 2007 does not include this.

Cheers

Jlo

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i agree that it does NOT have TruPrevent,

my choice would be to have this, definatly if i ever went to panda, so the IS would be my choice.

10. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Yeah norton made it quite lighter but Panda 2007 is lighter too compared to the 2006 version. If my PIII 500MHz 256MB SDRAM computers runs well with this then I think it shouldn't cripple the new computers.

11. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

12. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I have Panda AV 2007 and Look N Stop on my other box and the AV only uses 30MG, of course Look N Stop is light as a feather. Maybe give that a try if you have a good firewall on hand. Of course the computer I'm on right now has the kindly DrWEB...:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  13. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i just installed to try it, my setup is in my sing, i just like to try it, i already run snapshot back to my setup :)

14. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Was this the beta version you installed or the normal version?
    I know the normal (Released) version was '04/'05 Norton heavy.

15. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I installed Panda IS 2007 trial version today just to give it a try. It really bogged down my computer at startup. Desktop icons took forever to load. Panda IS loaded slow also. After everything was loaded, browsing speed was very good. No slow downs at all. There was this strange thing that kept happening though. The little cursor hour glass kept popping up every so often like something was working in the background. No idea what was causing that to happen. I decided to remove Panda.

16. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i dint install any beta, i download the last release from panda site

17. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Panda AV tends to cause my computer to start a bit slow. It does a system safety check of some sort at startup but once thats done it hums along smoothly...:)

18. Graystoke

If things loaded faster at startup, I would have kept Panda IS 2007 on my computer longer. I liked everything about it, except for the slow startups.

19. Arin

Arin Registered Member

@mata7

Panda used ~30MB on my computer too. Maybe the beast didn't like your computer.

@Graystoke

Panda caused slowbooting on the first boot after installation. I disabled the self-check and then it went to normal. It performs this check randomly too so that explains the strange hourglass.

20. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

ya could be, the software it look really nice, oh well

21. Arin

Arin Registered Member

@mata7

So what if it uses ~100MB? If your computer has good amount of RAM then why not use it. The factor is system slowdown. Did you experience any after installing Panda? If not then I don't see any problem. If yes then you did the right thing by rolling back.

22. Graystoke

Thanks for the tip AMRX. :) I will install Panda IS again tomorrow and see how things work out.

23. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

to be honest i dint notice any slowdown, i just renew my nod32 for one more year 2 weeks argot, i was just testing panda to see how look and how it work

24. Arin

Arin Registered Member

@mata7

Well if you already have NOD32 then I must say its way better than Panda. I know people outside this forum mistakenly take this forum as for NOD32 worshippers but what is true is true. OK its minus the firewall but you can get good freeware ones too.

But if you are in the IT business and stay in USA, you can get Panda IS 2007 all for free! Oh just now I noticed you are from Canada.

25. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i wouldnt really recommend panda AV, but their suite with the truprevent and all the added stuff they have in it, is a good deal must say, i have no problems with panda as security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.