Panda Anti-Virus & Internet Security 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Interesting, gonna try it soon. :)

Thanks..:)

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

I have counted total of third column from left. All the 11 processes belong to Panda. Memory usage is shown in KB. Convert that to MB. Calculate yourself from the image you have shown here. You are calculating 4th column. If would be better to Windows Task Manager to reduce confusion.

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Calculate the second columns from extreme right.. :p

I have verified thrice. Idle memory usage was about 3.45 MB to 4.25 MB...

4. Boyfriend

You want me to calculate Working Set instead of Private Bytes. Windows Task Manager shows Private Bytes Memory. Show us Widows Task Manager snap.

5. AvinashR

Calm down man... You wording seems to me more like an order rather than a request. :doubt:

6. PintoX

PintoX Registered Member

Any screenshots?

7. AvinashR

Couple of Screen-Shots ...

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      43.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      47.7 KB
      Views:
  8. AvinashR

Screen Shots Continued ...

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      45.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      50.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      44.3 KB
      Views:
  9. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

does it still delay the "Welcome screen" in Xp?

10. Boyfriend

Do not worry AvinashR. We are like friends here. Asking for something is like a request, not an order.

Regards.

11. AvinashR

Its Okay man...I will get back to this thread with more infos.

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Skin is much better than the previous one IMO :rolleyes:

13. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

14. progress

progress Guest

Does Panda IS 2011 still auto-delete suspicious files? :doubt:

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I get the warning that I am under a nonadmin account when trying to make setting changes in Spanish. :D
    Panda1.png

16. Boyfriend

I am still waiting for further info...

17. Mack Jones

Mack Jones Registered Member

Are you serious ? ;)

18. m0unds

m0unds Guest

haha, it's certainly less cluttered and more modern than the old panda interface.

19. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Panda Slow downs browsing too much :thumbd: :thumbd:

20. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

tell this to guys at AV-Comparative who gave it ADVANCED+ and put it on top as the fastest/lightest ;)

21. guest

guest Guest

Maybe they gave to Panda an ADVANCED+ because they know better than you how to test the impact of an AV in the performance of a PC. But of course if you felt that Panda makes the computer very slow there is no other option. You are right and all the others are wrong, and like always your favourite AV is the best, I hope that they pay you for all this work.

If you think that the methodology is not good enough you should send an email to AVC, they will heard you.
    If you read the report (something that you probably didnt do) you will see that they tested every AV in 2 ways "On first run"and "On subsequent runs" So if you are running Norton for months in your computer and you try Panda during a couple of days probably panda didnt have time to make a fingerprint for the whole computer. If you want to compare the performance you should at least run a full scan before.

@Noob: Are you 100% sure that the slow down was because of Panda? there isn't any other possibility? did you gave panda enought time for the fingerprint or did you do at the beginning a full scan?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2010
  22. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

+1

really !

23. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Testing of impact is simple . If it slows down the computer and if it feels slow - then it is slow . Everybody can test it for themselves and see.
    Of course the computer should be with new/modern hardware , best is fresh OS and no software conflicts (things like that) . I mean you can't test on old computers with many other software or hardware problems that will impact the test.

I have many clients and non of them are happy Panda users . All the municipalitites and law-courts in Bulgaria can use Panda for free in their networks and computers because Panda's distributor here has won a public procurent act and the authorities bought a 3 year (or so big licence) (just because of the low price) . However , most of them don't choose to use it because of its impact . IT Admins here call Panda "Baba Metza" (means Granny Bear) which is a symbol of being slow and clumsy. If only these admins posted here to share with you all the cases I have seen with them and how happy they are when they can afford to buy another product and when I change Pandas with other AV.

I am right for myself . You are right for yourself . I have the right and choice to use Panda but I didn't choose to because I evaluate most products often and I see how they perform . When I evaluate a given product I generally keep it for a couple of days . This was not the case with my last try with Panda 2011 - it simply crashed and created problems . In the moment Norton/Symantec turns "bad" , starts to slow down the computers and networks I manage, the support is awful and of course Panda becomes fast and light , effective , I'll be the first to choose it , believe me.

I see big improvemt in both Panda's home and business products (e.g. Panda 2010 is way better than 2008 when it comes to slow downs) but I see on regular bases how slow and clumsy Panda is and no test can make me believe Panda is the fastest .

24. Boyfriend

Now a day, most major antiviruses (Kaspersky, BitDefender, Panda, Norton, etc.) have started to cache fingerprint of the whole data of user computer to speed it future scans.

25. guest

guest Guest

Ok, according to you nobody is happy with Panda...
    You forgot to answer this...

I guess that is easiest talk bad about another product than admit that you where wrong and you didnt know how to test the performance of an AV. So Panda crashes in your computer... so your computer must be special somehow.

Nobody is trying to convince you, but in one side we have a serious testing organization that made an extended study, and in the other side we have you telling us that you used Panda during 2 days as much, and it was slow and discrediting AVC because your favourite AV was not the best.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.