Panda Anti-Virus & Internet Security 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

ok , i use chrome,
    so i ;ll wait till the issue of slowdown is resolved then

2. m0unds

m0unds Guest

I just gave Panda support a nudge regarding my outstanding ticket to see what's up. Their support info gathering tool crashes and burns every time I run it, so they're missing some diagnostic information. They sent me some files to log possible issues with webproxy.exe, but of course, I couldn't get Chrome to exhibit the problematic behavior while I had it configured. Guess I might try again since it seemed to be doing it more recently. (The log collection stuff just requires that I temporarily replace a few files with debug-enabled versions)

3. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

ok , thx for the info

I hope your effort could help them to resolve the issue at earliest

4. m0unds

m0unds Guest

at this point, i'm positively annoyed. i nudged panda support using the last correspondence i had with them (replying to their last message to update the ticket) and received a reply "proposing a solution" wherein the agent directs me to install a hotfix for parental controls (a module i don't have installed) and referring to a problem with "allowing access to blocked sites" or something. if i don't get an actual response sometime soon, i'm just going to give up on IS2011 because the chrome issues are driving me nuts.

in my own analysis, it seems like the webproxy has trouble with all of the processes chrome generates at launch, especially with extensions installed. monolithic, single process browsers (firefox, which i despise, and opera) don't cause any trouble. when starting chrome with any extensions, it takes 20-30 seconds before the browser is even usable (even invoking a tab w/about:blank as the host)

so i guess i'll wait and let them send an actual response and if i can't at least figure out a work-around, i'll just remove it.

*EDIT* T I politely asked for clarification and the response from the USA tech reads like something written by a 13 year old on 4chan. Totally unacceptable. My experience with Panda USA support has been pretty dismal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
  5. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

thats really disappointing :(

6. pbust

pbust AV Expert

The hotfix is the same (browser issues, filtering issues, etc.). It's just that it applies to webproxy in general. I think the problem is that you received a canned response from Panda USA Tech Support with the old text describing the hotfix, but it is the correct hotfix. AFAIK from your conversations with Tech Support the hotfix does solve the Chrome issue. Can you please confirm?

7. m0unds

m0unds Guest

yep, it does. i just hadn't had time to update the thread til now.

before executing it, i just wanted to confirm that the hotfix did apply to my case, but the USA tech was rude and didn't answer me. jorge, on the other hand, gave me exactly the info i wanted to confirm it and i replied back to him early this morning confirming that it resolved the chrome issue.

thanks for the follow-up. i really appreciate the attention to the case. thanks again.

8. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It's possible you might have gotten a rookie in USA tech support, but Jorge rules, glad he could help you out. If anything comes up again feel free to contact Jorge or myself directly.

9. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

ok, so do i take it as confirmed that Chrome slowdown and issues have been perfectly resolved

10. m0unds

m0unds Guest

it resolved the issue i was having with chrome, which was that chrome's new processes (invoked for every extension and tab) would become unresponsive for 90-120 seconds before it would pass site requests.

11. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

I'm waiting for panda internet security 2012 now :D

12. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

will it take long before panda drop a beta?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.