Panda Anti-Virus & Internet Security 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Does it still slow down browsing if you deactivate MBAM Pro realtime protection + a reboot?

2. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i have major slowdown w/browsing with or without other software running (Prevx 3.0 & windows 7 x64 in my case)

it seems to happen with chrome more than any other browser. i've had an open ticket w/support for a couple weeks now and still haven't figured out what's going on. it's driving me insane.

3. david banner

david banner Registered Member

cannot turn off firewall in PIS? It is free on a mag so wanted to try

4. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes you can. During install select custom install and choose not to install the FW. You can always turn it on later.

If you've already installed it, I believe you can turn it off if I remember correctly.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Installed PIS 2011, been using it for a few days, everything is ok so far :rolleyes:

6. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

I'm woundering when major update will come?

its feel panda dont Wanna answer on That Question

7. jason_jiang

jason_jiang Registered Member

i guess that it won't be too long.
    panda china is already using a new package which versioned 16.00.02 in recent promotion.

8. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

I did but problem still exist :mad: I also already restore PIS2011 to default setting that come when first I installed.
    It happened in all browsers (IE,FF,Opera & Chrome).

9. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

was trying avast again and i got an error.
    then when i tried to reinstall panda antivirus it also could not install it generates a PSNANOlog_a

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It looks like a known issue we are trying to investigate. Can we get in touch with you to try to troubleshoot it? If so, please PM me an email address where we can get in touch with you.

We need some more information to see what is happening here. If you want please PM your email as well and I'll have someone from Support contact you directly.

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Major slowdowns on browsing here too, it almost freezes!

My main browser is Chrome, usually slow down happens on websites with lots of intensive effects (Flash, Java etc.)
    But it also happens sometimes when loading lots of tabs simultaneously even if they're only forums (3+)

I surf a lot of car forums which are quite simple and it lags until it finished loading the websites completely, also happens with blogs etc.

Most of the time it freezes the browser for a few sec (5-10 secs) depending on how long it takes to finish loading/rendering all the tabs that are working.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 v721 All Updates
    Chrome V10

12. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Likewise, please PM me your email to troubleshoot it further.

13. Noob

Noob Registered Member

PM sent.
    BTW i'll probably not answer immediately.
    It's kinda late now and i have to sleep :) (4:00 A.M.)

14. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

pm sent :) looking forward for further help.

15. david banner

Thanks

16. david banner

is it true that software updates need a reboot as here

17. pbust

pbust AV Expert

No, not true. Probably the journalist simply installed PandaIS and immediately got a couple of hotfixes (which might require a reboot) and mistakenly thought they were signature updates. But updates themselves do not require reboots of course.

18. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

rices :shifty: sounds like their chef needs to turn the temperature down a bit, I hate rice when its been cooked too high :p :D

19. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

im seeing major slowdowns as well this past week. was something updated or something maybe causing a issue??

20. m0unds

m0unds Guest

I found a minor localization issue & bug with IS2011-

UI > Scheduled scans > new scan > add "boot" for your primary drive, and it'll show up as "Boot de C" :D as the item. Under Win7, adding the "boot" option for the drive will also cause the scan to fail and it'll remove the newly scheduled scan from the scheduler after it fails.

21. Noob

Noob Registered Member

"Boot de C" is spanish in english it means "Boot From C" :D

22. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

Hi Noob,
    How is PIS 2011 I just heard its really awesome and its even more lighter than a feather? is that so? can you share your experience with PIS 2011 my good friend?:D

23. Noob

Noob Registered Member

The only thing i didn't like was that it slowed down web surfing speed (Chrome v10.xx). It made webpage rendering a lot slower when opening multiple tabs or tabs with lots of images.

Aside from that everything was fine, i didn't notice any other slowdowns when using my computer. :D
    So my rating is 8/10!
    Based on performance overview :thumb:

BTW, i noticed there were a few times where panda closed completely alone, i don't know why, usually it happened when i finished gaming (yeah i'm a kiddo :D) and when i closed the game and moved the mouse over the panda tray icon it disappears.

24. m0unds

m0unds Guest

there's a hotfix that fixes most of the crashes of apvxdwin.exe if that's the crash you're experiencing (you can check event viewer to verify). i've noticed the same slowdowns, but only with chrome. browsing is fine with opera 11. i have an open ticket w/support, regarding chrome, sent them some debugging info but haven't heard back in a couple weeks.

that being said, i do like IS2011 a lot, and my only real gripe is that it occasionally causes issues with chrome. the problems i have w/slowdown of browsing only occur w/chrome and only occur sporadically, which is what makes it so tough to debug. detection's great, i've only had a single FP in 6 months and once hotfixed, it's really stable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
  25. Noob

Noob Registered Member

My Chrome slowdowns happened always when doing certain things ex.
    -Opening lots of YouTubes tabs at the same time
    -Opening 2 or more tabs with lots of effects and rendering (Blogs, some forums, game sites etc.)
    -Opening 2 or more tabs with lots of images (Car forums)

Aside from that everything was fast, PC never lagged and no errors, BSOD's etc. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.