Panda Anti-Virus & Internet Security 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icr

icr Registered Member

It wasn't executed at all. I just copied that program to New Folder and made an ondemand scan nothing else:)

2. icr

icr Registered Member

I did a reboot, but didn't do entire scan of my system as it will take more than 45min so I just scanned that New Folder again. Panda did detect this time also but it didn't do any actions and whenever I put my cursor on that program the same panda notification would appear but it can't delete that file. I guess Panda is not hungry;)

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

You copied that program from where? Either it was already executed in your system or there is some problem with your security suite. Better you send the sample to Panda Labs and to me ... I'll test it on my system.

4. icr

icr Registered Member

I submitted it two days back and I copied that program from an encrypted partition:)

5. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Oh i see.. You haven't submitted to me ..:p

6. Arin

Arin Registered Member

So it means you are not infected, you are just testing it against your malware collection. Has to be a serious bug in Panda if it can't delete that file.

7. icr

icr Registered Member

Exactly what I was saying. I just copied a collection of programs in a folder named "New Folder" and then I just ran a manual scan on that folder. Panda finished scanning and all the detected threats were deleted except this one program. It kept notifying me that an adware is being detected and whenever I hit the delete option it won't delete it:mad:

8. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Have you tried deleting the file manually to see if its Panda which is faulty or actually the file is protected by some sort of rootkit? I mean you do have malware collestion on your computer. Maybe you've executed a few while you were sleepsurfing. :D

9. icr

icr Registered Member

The file can be simply deleted by SHIFT + DEL and no I haven't executed any of the programs:)

10. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

when You Send a sample to panda They say this

the suspect files are submitted, our technicians will examine the documents and programs that are assumed to be infected and check if they really are. We will keep you Notify!

They dont Notify me when i send samples,

11. icr

icr Registered Member

I still didn't got reply from their team regarding the problem I posted here:cautious:

12. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Can you send me the file in question please?

13. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Since it can delete the other files, I don't think this is an installation problem. That sounds very bad for Panda.

14. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

pbust i have a freind who currently has pands is2010 and they literally just bought it a few weeks ago from i think either staples or office depot im not sure which and they want to run 2011 seeing as they didnt know any better when they bought it. can they use their 2010 lic in the 2011 version or do they need to upgrade for the $$ now?? how does panda work with this kind of thing? thank you

15. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

from what i remember, 2010 licenses will work in the 2011 version

16. zfactor

if so that would be very nice. if that is correct will that continue into the next versions as well..??

17. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

as long as the license is still valid

18. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Do you know if they already registered using the license code for 2010? If so, send me their CustomerID and I will look it up to see if they qualify for the 2011 version (I'm fairly sure they do as they just bought it as you said).

19. zfactor

yes they did. they installed and registered it.

but so i know and i am clear also what is the exact policy on the upgrades since you said "qualify" i know companies like norton still allow even 2008 keys to be used on the 2011 versions. does panda not work like this?? especially since our local stores still have a number of 2010 boxes on the shelf i can see a lot of people being upset if they find out later on they can not update to the newest version unless they pay even more than they already did, thanks in advance.

also i will see if i can get their customer id to send to you they are a customer of mine so i should be able to as long as they are willing..

20. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

panda Feeds dont working. if they work last update was 2009, :'( :'(

21. carat

carat Guest

Why did Panda AV only detect 40-60% of script malware in the AV-C tests? :doubt:

22. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

The script malware was most likely scanned on-demand. Panda uses its behavior blocker to protect against script malware.

23. pbust

pbust AV Expert

The "scripts" category of AVC includes mostly malicious PDF files, which in the case of Panda are blocked with another protection layer different than AV signatures and heuristics. With the behaviour blocker we can stop 100% of the malicious PDFs before execution, so there's not as much urgency to add signature protection. The AVC OnDemand test only takes into consideration sigs and heuristics, so that's why this technology isn't tested.

24. carat

carat Guest

I see, thank you :thumb:

25. Gauchoo

Gauchoo Registered Member

I'm probably going to reformat windows 7x64 and install the windows 7 service pack 1 release candidate.

But before I do, is there any problems with PIS 11 and the windows 7 sp1 rc and internet explorer 9 beta ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.