Panda Anti-Virus & Internet Security 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progress

progress Guest

2. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

Where do i send virus link to panda?

i got a verry Annoying link with a video who jumping around and playing music.

verry hard to shut it down when its jumping around

3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

urls(AT)pandasecurity .

4. pbust

pbust AV Expert

@chabbo & @m0unds, I am sending you a PM right now to troubleshoot these problems.

5. m0unds

m0unds Guest

and you guys can keep that discussion going over there. i'm in no position to comment or make any assertions about the quality of the "coding" of any product as i'm not a software engineer for their company with direct access to the codebase.

pedro, i replied to your pm with my email address. thanks for the assistance.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  6. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i managed to correct the issue. there was some sort of corruption in the boot partition of the new install. fixed that and it's good. only issue now is that the previously mentioned method of using the brand new 2010 cdkey to install 2011 isn't working -- the activation server replies that the key is for a different product (it's for IS 2010, the installed product is IS 2011)

*EDIT* - thanks again for the quick resolution to the licensing issue - very much appreciated! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  7. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

does panda still auto decide what to do with its detections like 2010 did wen i tried it? or is there a way to make it ask me what to do for ALL detections?

8. m0unds

m0unds Guest

you have three options: 1. quarantine 2. block or 3. delete - it'd be nice if there was a way for it to query, but i think blocking threats is alright since presumably, it won't remove the file.

9. progress

progress Guest

No, Panda is wayward :doubt:

10. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

I'm running PIS2011 on my main laptop now and it's rather impressive. I thought the firewall would be bad but I was wrong. It's given me alerts for everyone running their adapters in promiscuous mode on public networks and allowed me to deny connections with them which is great.

The guard seems to be working much better than my last time testing it as it is pretty much blocking everything it is able to detect on-demand when I've tested it. The web guard also seems to be running much better than I've seen it do before.

Nice job on this one, Panda. And thanks for the license, pbust!

11. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

been testing it ever since i got the free code from pbust and so far im pretty happy overall. the only thing i dont like is the amount of running procc's but other than that ive had really no issues..

12. waver1

waver1 Registered Member

hi pbust,, i have the same problems with my license activation problem with my panda av 2011 and get rejected with my 2010 panda av key ive have contacted panda support and was supposed to be sent a new 2011 key and never did ,its been over a month now please help me correct this problem if you can,,,,

13. m0unds

m0unds Guest

the fix for my client's issue was registering the 2010 key on panda's client site and it automatically upgraded it to 2011.

14. waver1

waver1 Registered Member

my key is also registered on the client site and have installed full version and not the trial installer and still not activated..

15. icr

icr Registered Member

Just installed Panda IS 2011, was really amazed about its low on resources. Still remember its 2008 version being really heavy on system their newest version is good.
    Good job Panda:thumb: :thumb:

16. icr

icr Registered Member

I am facing a problem regarding removal of an adware. Panda do detect it as possible threat but it fails to remove it even when I hit "Delete the program":mad:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  17. eugene91

eugene91 Registered Member

Use malwarebytes to remove?

18. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

As suggested by Eugene, try MBAM to remove it from your system. Or try Hitman Pro.

19. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

As it is adware, you can try SAS too.

20. icr

icr Registered Member

Thank You guys for your input but I am finding it difficult to remove with help of Panda. Is this a bug by Panda:doubt: coz panda does detect successfully but it fails to remove:thumbd:

21. AvinashR

Try to reboot your system and then perform a full scan. I am sure Panda will eat that Adware.

22. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

as told before , do a scan with hitman pro which vud be fastest

if not found , repeat with MBAm
    then report to panda abt bug

23. AvinashR

I am sure it won't be a bug. Either the process/adware is running or injected inside any other process which may lead an application crash. That's why Panda is warning him.

24. waver1

waver1 Registered Member

i would love to test the new version of panda av 2011 but i still have problems with the activation of my 2010 key on the full version of 2011 and would be happy if pbust would be be willing to check into this for me would very helpful, if you can...:doubt:

25. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

oh yeah , that is correct i guess..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.