Panda 2010 Beta Now Open

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

http://research.pandasecurity.com/archive/Panda-2010-Beta-Now-Open.aspx

Attached Files:

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Wow, that is one ugly splash screen. :D I probably won't try it myself but am interested to see what others think of it.

3. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Does this new version still use collective intelligence (cloud). I don't see a single word about it in the info provided on the Panda Beta site.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

is it as heavy as it used to be?

5. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

6. raven211

If you read about Collective Intelligence, which should be quite visible BTW... you'll read that it's a part of all the 2009 products, and obviously 2010 products. ;) Ask for the link if you can't find it. :)

7. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Yes I know about all the 2009 products and have read all the Panda info about collective intelligence including the White Paper. It is because it has been so visible that the absence of any word about it on the Beta pages struck me as being strange. Maybe a "doh moment " for me, but I don't see where it is so obvious.

8. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I thought about making that point myself but decided not to bother. The AV I am testing now uses more memory than the one I just dumped, but it is noticeably faster. It is easy to sell hype to folks that are ignorant on the subject, so they do.

9. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Yeah I was right......about this being a "doh moment for me."

The cloud is mentioned on page 3 of the 5 page pdf document listing all the new features of the 2010 Beta :)

"Advanced Proactive Protection...

o NEW! New detection technologies include generic signatures and remote heuristic scanning from the cloud."

10. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

will definetly try it today,my resaon for leaving Panda in 2007 was its delayed start-up of windows....
    lets see if things have changed in last 2-3 versions....

11. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

Well windows still stops at "window is starting-up" for 10seconds or so.But after that it loads quickly and doesn't bog down the system....

Attached Files:

• ada.JPG
      ada.JPG
      File size:
      53.3 KB
      Views:
  12. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Sorry if it sounded hyped, but we have done a lot of work to improve the overall experience, specially focused on WorldBench Performance Impact and other metrics (http/ftp transfer time, boot time, copy/move operations, opening apps, etc.). Try it out to see for yourself.

13. pbust

pbust AV Expert

The first boot right after install is always the worse one. Subsequent boots should be much faster than the initial one.

14. raven211

Don't worry, pbust - I know you're doing your job. ;) I didn't mean that just you sounded hyped - all companies do in general, or simply make it sound like something big. :rolleyes: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.