Palm Trio, Blackberry or?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Tommy, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Hi folks,
    as my cell phone does not fit my needs anymore i decided to by a PD-Phone.
    Does anyone have experience with one of those? Important are compatibility with PC software for syncronisation, available third party applications, handling, etc. Wifi would be great.

Any comments or suggestions, some prefered models?

2. ethernal

ethernal Registered Member

i've never had a "proper" one, (except for siemens sx45, but that doesnt count)

mostly been using ericsson p-series and nokia e-series, they work splendidly for synching and so on. and well, as long as they aren't brand new in the market of course. then they're buggy to smithereens. usually takes them three-four months to iron out the worst bugs i've noticed

3. HURST

HURST Registered Member

I own a Cingular 8525 (now at&t 8525, or HTC TyTN),
    runs un WM5, but I upgraded to WM6...I've had it one year now, no problems at all...decent battery life (ir your a heavy user, it lasts the day), wifi, 3G, microsoft office, outlook, syncronization with PC, slide out QWERTY keyboard, 2MP camera, bluetooth, infrared, etc...
    There's a newer version now, I believe its called the Kaiser.
    I decided to buy this instead of waiting for the iPhone and I don't regret it.

More info at

www.htc.com
    www.xda-developers.com

4. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

I haven't used treo but have used blackberry for a month after which i switched to Iphone.
    Here are few advantages of
    Blackberry
    1)excellent with battery life
    2)voice clarity
    3)Email

Iphone
    1)Browsing internet/WIFI
    2)Gorgeous screen
    3)Music player(IPOD)
    4)visual voice mail

If web browsing is your concern than iphone is my choice
    or one needs a true email device, longer battery life than blackberry will suit better.

5. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Blackberry here mainly for email when I'm travelling and also because of the support for Novell GroupWise with cross platform of windows, mac osx and SUSE linux.

6. fce

fce Registered Member

i'm using Blackberry 8310.....it works great and can synchronize with my laptop with no problem.

Pros: Push email, nice grip, nice look, clear voice, loud speaker, nice camera

cons: limited 3rd party application (compared to Treo)

signal is very important, so better check which service provider give you better signal in your location.

7. appster

appster Registered Member

Blackberry - for the very reasons cited by ashishtx & fce. Those virtues are most important to me! :thumb:

8. ethernal

ethernal Registered Member

blackberry hasn't really caught on in sweden (yet) but they're making a major push now with special deals through the telco's and so on.

iphone isn't available either (over the counter at least).

and well, we do love our nokia's and ericsson's :)

the heavy corporate users mostly have HTC's, Ericsson P-series and to a lesser extent Nokia E/N.

strangely enough, it seems like nokia has very little market share in the "pda-phone" segment in sweden. they're very very popular amongst normal users and business users who don't need all the shiny stuff.

palm stopped existing after the 'tungsten' model, i haven't seen one in the stores since then. kind of sad, i liked them :(

9. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

I see, this will be a hard decission, more as here in Argentine the provider don't offer aditional services besides www access through themself. That's the reason i love to have one with Wifi. Beside i have to buy one outside my provider, so more expensive, but i can use prepayed lines in every country i am without roaming costs. A PDA Phone with Wifi means to be independent as i travel a lot. But there are only a view PDA Phones with Wifi. I like the Treo's but they don't have Wifi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.