packet sniffer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sudha, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sudha

sudha Guest

hi all,

can any one help me in developing packet sniifer ....in vc++ using winpcap ..
    i.e this should capture and filter packets for eg . if the user gives a process id as the input it should only capture the incoming and outgoing packets of that process and save it into a log file...how to get the source code for port explorer or openports please help me i'm in very much need of this ..thanks in advance..
    regards sudha

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi sudha, I have moved your post from the dedicated Port Explorer support forum to here where it may receive better attention.

Thanks. Pilli :)

3. controler

controler Guest

WHat a nice idea sudha

I always wondered why someone hasn't made a nice easy to use packet capture program. It must be strong enough to detect hidden processes.
    The LOG information should easy to understand without filtering through all the other crap. Logging incomming & outgoing traffic in this format would be very useful.

Can someone tell me why everybody uses Wincap for their sniffers?

controler

4. jagadeesh

jagadeesh Guest

hi i am too searching for the same topic...... plz forward what ever u get about this topic to me plz plz plz.............................................................
    mail id: Edit: e-mail removed to prevent harvesting. CrazyM

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2006
  5. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi All,

If you search for packet sniff at www.codeproject.com you may find a starting point.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.