p sensors,synaptic pack. manager

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by cet, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I am playing with the Ubuntu 12.04 live CD and I am very satisfied with it.Everything works,and I know I have to wait some time to install this because I have 10.04 right now.But I can not wait,:) this new Ubuntu is the best thing I have ever seen.I love the unity application launcher.I have only 2 questions
    Installed psensors but it only shows 1 core?
    Installed synaptic package manager to see if I have any broken pack.etc is there any risk of having 2 package managers?
    I will be very happy to get the answers.Thanks in advance.:)
  2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

no i am using multiple ones form long time if fact synaptic is much better than ubuntu default one also there new muon package manager i am testing on ubuntu live cd (its default for kubuntu but working awesome on ubuntu as well) please check that as well on live cd :)
  3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

There should be no problem having both Synaptic and the Ubuntu Software Center. I retained Synaptic in 11.10 even though it was officially dropped. If you're a conservative user, I don't think, with all apologies to Mack_guy911, that installing muon on Ubuntu is necessary.

There's a list of "indicators" for Ubuntu here. However, quite a few aren't yet available for 12.04 :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.