ozSync

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TerryWood, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

Recently installed ozSync (a file synchronisation freeware). I quite like its simplicity, and it can be run in realtime.

There is as far as I am aware no mechanism for starting it with Windows other than putting a shortcut in the All Users Start up file (WinXP) you can then set the shortcut via its properties to run minimised.

This produces an oddity, it puts an icon in the system tray with Show, Hide, Force Synchronize options. It also puts a button on the task bar, the latter is superfluous since there is the option of show and hide in the tray icon.

I cannot however, get rid of the task bar button and just leave the tray icon, its either both or nothing.

Can anyone help to get rid of ozsyncs presence on the Task Bar

Thanks Very much

Terry

2. TerryWood

Hi All

Surely there's someone here with the experience and willing to help?

Thanks

Terry

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Do you believe this has something to do with setting the program to auto-start? If it behaves this way all the time there are free apps that specifically "minimize to tray" other apps, such as Iconize.

4. TerryWood

Hi Victec123

Thanks for the info. I don't know whether its to do with Auto Start. It actually does not have that option in the program as far as I am aware. I put a shortcut in the All Users start up folder. Otherwise it does not start up when Windows starts and backup will not ocurr until ozsync is started, either manually or via Windows.

I looked at the Iconize program, but not sure it helps, in any event it puts an icon into the system tray which I don't really want.

Any other thoughts, ie registry tweaks?

Thanks

Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.