Overkill

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Houley456, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

Is Kaspersky IS 2014 with Malwarebytes overkill or is KIS alone enough for normal web surfing?

2. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Well, it probably depends on your definition of "normal" browsing. Based on detection rates from standard tests, KIS is clearly good enough on its own for most people. I doubt if MBAM adds much protection beyond what KIS achieves on its own for the normal person.

That opinion is based mostly upon Kaspersky's outstanding test scores over many years. KIS seems to perform just as well as MBAM on the few special tests where they are both participants.

If you are more adventuresome, then it might be a good idea to add MBAM to the mix. The problem then becomes getting the two to play nicely together. Heck, I cannot even get KIS 2014 to run well by itself let alone with MBAM. I am sure that someone will weigh in and say they are running fine together, however.

You should try the two together and see what happens.

Edit: I do have active licenses for both KIS and MBAM Pro at the moment. I have not used them together in the past and was always comfortable with KIS on its own. Right now I am using MBAM Pro on a laptop with Panda Cloud Free AV. It seems to be a good combo.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Put MBAM on-demand. MBAM with scheduled update and scanning along with KIS should be more than enough.:thumb:

4. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

You can just use Kaspersky IS 2014 and run MBAM as an "On-Demand" scanner once every month, there is no real reason to run them both as Kaspersky is scoring highly in all tests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.