Overclocking Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I just installed a Leadtek PX6800 TDH 256mb. I have no idea how to overclock in a conservitive manner so as to not cook this or that. I have looked around, but still not sure. Just installed the Nvtweak171, but know what ?..........the card comes with it's own overclocker, but it seems people are using it with coolbits(which now seems to be updated with Nvtweak171)..........i set the 2D speed at 0351 and the 3D speed at 0352........the bottem tuner in each clock(don't know what is called)is set to 599...........could someone please help me out ..........would like to be about 80% of safe max.

P4 3.2 Ram 1.5GB

2. Rainwalker

Somebody please assist

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

for overclocking a video card, try either powerstrip or rivatuner (nvidia cards mostly). just like overclocking a CPU, take small steps like 5 or 10 mhz and then test it by playing a game and see if any artifacts or other problems apply. if its fine, overclock a lil more. this tutorial can explain it better.

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hey Rainwalker,

The Leadtek TDH cards have nice hardware monitoring features if I recall correctly. Find out your chips max operating temp and stay below it.
    Heat will reduce your card's life span and overclocking will more than likely void the warranty.
    One of the first things tech support asks is if you are overclocking. They then wipe their hands of the issue. If you overclock, you may have to get a better cooler. HardOCP forums and tomshardware could be useful too.
    As WSFuser said, small steps are better.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2005
  5. Rainwalker

Thanks all.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.