outpost V2 and posting here

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by steve1955, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Hi
    Have gone back to V2 from V2.1 has anybody got a config for V2 that allows posting here(Wilders) without disabling "active filtering"(managed to configure V2.1 but was constantly getting an error beep when closing windows due to the service not unloading properly:-got on my nerves!!)

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

I would reinstall OP, using the wizard. That way most apps and network parameters are setup right. My OP has default settings and is running nicely.

3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Thanks but its only a prob posting on this site,even windows update runs ok,I think its something to do with external active conent which you can allow/disallow for individual sites with version V2.1 but not in V2.0,I do use the wizard to set parameters for a new connection but normally run in "block most mode" which gives far higher protection(if you are running with default settings active filtering is almost completely off so no site should be a problem)
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.