Outpost Security Suite Pro - 72 hour giveaway

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by IvoShoen, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

Re: Outpost Security Suite Pro Free for 72H only!

On my WinXp it´s (trial version) flying twice faster than Avast free + DW PF combo,so I wonder - is OSS´s web-filtering working at all ,and how good it is (compared to Avast´s) ?

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Personally speaking the impression i get of agnitum is that they just want your cash and couldnt give a damn about their end users.
    I have explained my problems with installing this on their forum and there is no great endeavor to solve any of the problems .
    I hate greedy companies like this that are just out for money and bugger what problems the users may have.

There is a thread about their security suite causing lock ups and countless other issues and does anyone try to help......Not a cat in hells chance.
    Ive had to perform 3 hard resets because of their faulty and useless program and its junk in my opinion.
    I now have comodo back on my system and it causes no issues at all and the forum is always friendly and helpful.:cautious: :ninja:

3. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Seems like this app is one big troublemaker rather than troubleshooter :D

4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! Tried Outpost Security Pro 8.0...Three different times the Lifetime License...the last install was bbbbad...Blue Screen...and Virus Buster was busted...a strange experience to put it politely. I was fortunate in being refunded my monies. But after checking out the Agnitum Outpost Forums...the number of complaints ruled out any confidence in wanting to ever use the product. Consumer Beware...proceed with Caution! Sincerely...Securon

5. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

To be honest whenever I tried Outpost Security Pro I never had a problem. I ended up uninstalling it only because I had licenses for other products which have greater detection rates.

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I am a registered user with a lifetime licence for Outpost Pro, and I no longer use it due to it being way too heavy for me (although it was very light when first installed). There's a good lesson here - never buy any security software without testing it thoroughly first. However, I was running it on a another computer a few years back and it was quite light, so for free this is definitely work a look.

There have been concerns expressed about the detection rate, but Outpost does have a HIPS component, so that malware not detected via the virus definitions may be picked up by the HIPS.

7. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Sign of desperation. No paying customers ?

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Is there a way to only install the firewall? And is the firewall the same as the paid Agnitum firewall version?

9. The Red Moon

Yes it does allow a custom install with just the firewall.

10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

ok thanks...after looking at some of the comments I decided to just stick with what I have

11. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

Outpost Firewall Free is a good choice for users who want highly flexible protection without sacrificing usability. It was obviously made with average users in mind, judging by the care taken to simplify alert messages and make it easy to adjust intrusion prevention (or HIPS) monitoring. For example, it remembers your responses to popup alerts without the need to set "trusted" rules (like in Comodo/Online Armor), and like Online Armor it notifies you when it automatically allows an application to access the Internet (especially helpful during the learning phase).

The free version lacks many extras of the pay version, however, such as automatic updates and the ability to break active connections. The HIPS component is called "Host Protection" in the interface. It provides four default levels of protection, which can be easily set with a slider and additionally customized item by item by advanced users. The default "optimal" setting only monitors the "most dangerous activities" (such as memory injections, driver loads, and a healthy list of system critical features -- auto starts, shell extensions, and internet settings) instead of all program activities. But these "optimal" settings lack protection from keyloggers, direct disk accessing, DNS API request monitoring, etc. You can check the types of reduced monitoring in "Settings..." > "Host Protection" > "Customize...".

The installation asks whether you want to train the firewall for a week (using its Auto-Learn mode and Rules Wizard). In this mode, it sets rules automatically for known safe applications.. :thumb:

Taken from Gizmo's best free firewalls

Thanks..
    Hogndog

12. The Red Moon

@Hogndog.

Thanks for that.ive read this before.The main concern is that the outpost free standalone firewall is nearly 4 years old so there maybe some vulnerabilities there.

Anyway outpost has had its 2 strikes from me and its out.Shame as it seemed a good product but my computer was having none of it .:D

13. hogndog

@Beethoven1770

Your right about that, they have a great firewall, one of the first firewalls i tried, funny how we gravitate back to our early years.. At my age simplicity is the watchword..:D

14. The Red Moon

@Hogndog.

I was actually gutted it would not run nice here as ive been wanting to try outpost for months and i get a chance and it all goes haywire.But thats how things go sometimes.

Again it looks a great program but sadly not for this computer.:'(
    Regards.

15. country2

country2 Registered Member

So looks like the firewall is good but the security suite has issues. I have the firewall pro lifetime and its running great!

16. hogndog

Well guys i decided to see for myself if I'd have problems with this build. Maybe its because i disabled all of my security applications beforehand, don't know if that helped or not. After uninstalling Security Essentials and turning on Windows firewall there wasn't anything in the way to prevent a clean install, now I'm glad i did, this is a great build "so far" :)

17. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Thanks for the tip about this giveaway! I will probably try it in a VM or on a secondary computer.

18. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

still working so if you need just try.

19. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I have applied for this giveaway when it was posted here at Wilders, but for some reason I got no email back from Agnitum, so far? Is it normal? o_O

When we entered the code, name and email, should we see some message saying that it was successfully sent to them, or just a refreshed page to enter name, etc. again?

Maybe cookies were needed to be allowed?

20. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

Probably...I´ve got my license through TipRadar´s giveaway,and the serial no. was "generated" on the same screen with my code/name/email entered .

Try this (from TipRadar´s giveaway) : "...Please visit http://www.agnitum.com/support/lostkey/ and specify the e-mail address you used for registering the product if you need a copy of your license code..."

Good luck.

21. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I did retry (yesterday) getting the license back (using the giveaway page), and this time allowed cookies, but still no luck. lol I used Internet Explorer 10, by the way.

I'm going to try your tip.

Thanks!

22. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

What forum are you talking about ? There is No official Agnitum Support Forum.
    Check this

http://www.agnitum.com/support/forum.php

I have been an Agnitum user since 2006 and I think its worth every penny!

I personally prefer to contact any company via official channels,all my queries are channeled through this page http://www.agnitum.com/support/contact.php and I get a reply within 1-2 days.

23. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Nevermind, solved.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  24. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Does anyone know whether the promo key will work with future versions? I'm asking because all Outpost give-aways so far have been valid for a particular version only, not entitled to version upgrades, only to signature updates.

25. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I can't speak for the current promotion, but I purchased some lifetime keys prior to version 7 and just started using one of them with version 8 without any issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.