Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.5.1 free (GAOTD)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Giveaway of the Day is giving out 1 year license to Outpost Security Suite Pro latest version. There have been giveaways over the last few weeks of version 7.5 but this is the latest.
    http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/outpost-security-suite/

2. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

Giveaway of the Day - Outpost Security Suite Pro 1Y

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/outpost-security-suite/

$59.95 to buy or free today :argh:

August 24, 2011Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.5.1 – Performance Edition delivers robust, multilayered protection to address all possible Internet risks including known and zero-day viruses, spyware, hacker attacks and intrusions, spam, and more. Enhanced with SmartDecision technology – Personal Virus Adviser for users, Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.5.1 ensures your fast decision-making in security issues.
    Why choose Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.5.1?

Enhanced Anti-Malware with award-winning virus, spyware, rootkits detection and blocking rates;
    Two-way firewall and Web Control tools to keep PC connections secure;
    Advanced proactive protection to preemptively block unknown and zero-day threats;
    High-speed performance with no system slowdown.

Limitations: upgrades are not available, one technical support request, NB! License includes unlimited one-year priority databases and configuration updates.

From Agnitum:

Antivirus, anti-spyware, firewall, anti-spam, and more for all-round proactive protection. All-in-one online and offline malware prevention and powerful web threat controls deliver robust, bullet-proof security for individuals and families. With the full-featured Outpost Internet security suite you can enjoy downloading, emailing, chatting, sharing files and other online activities without worry. The new version 7.5 with minimal resource consumption features greater malware detection accuracy with updated antimalware engine, enhanced inbound and outbound firewall to keep all connections secure, and improved Proactive Protection to preemptively block unknown and zero-day threats. Scans are much faster thanks to the 4th generation of SmartScan4, and security decision-making is easier with new SmartDecision technology. SmartDecision - your personal virus analyst - rates every executable file against a number of criteria and provides visual guidance as to the best way to proceed (allow or block) along with a corresponding alert - red, yellow or green.

What's new in this version: Version 7.5.1 has enhanced detection and quarantining abilities for archives.

3. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Thanks, I just downloaded it. :thumb:

4. acr1965

Me too. I chose to keep Avast and chose not to install the OSS anti-malware or anti-spam. Everything seemed to go fine. But the web filter is disabled, although I don't think that's a big deal since I have Avast to cover the sites (and a few add ons) plus Ad Muncher to cover the ads.

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

6. acr1965

I keep getting an invalid key warning when trying to register.

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Latest build, that is better

8. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Me too, it doesn't work. And I had just uninstalled it to install the newer version. :mad:

Edit:
    Man, they are making you jump through some hoops for this one. Go here and enter the code you got in the readme file.

-http://www.agnitum.com/promo/giveaway/

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  9. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

lol........it's their way of saying,'you're welcome'. ;)

10. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Interestingly new download, from agnitum page, accepted the key from previous build/giveaway and simply updated the previous build. Of course better to use new key as that gives more days.

11. stevan4

stevan4 Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb:

12. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

as above

13. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Everything at giveaway of the day has to be installed the day it is being given away.

14. acr1965

Anyone have any thoughts on the effectiveness of the ad blocker of OSS? And is there some workaround for it to be activated if I have another antivirus installed? Will it make a difference if I install OSS first and then install a 3rd party AV?

15. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I use Avira and when I installed OSS it identified Avira and did not install the AV. It also gave me the option to not install some other modules. I have basically Outpost Firewall Pro installed.

16. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

It works good. I tested it against Adblock Plus in FF with the Easylist and they appear to block the same items.

17. acr1965

OK thanks. FWIW- I tried to just install the firewall with web guard alongside Emsi and MBAM and got a BSOD. Alongside Avast the product installed fine.

18. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

It works well with Avira too. No BSOD and everything is running great so far. I also use DefenseWall and no issues with that either.

19. acr1965

You know the crazy thing is that I remember a few days ago installing the 7.5 version of OSS alongside Emsi and MBAM without any problems. I install 7.5.1 and get a BSOD.

20. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Did you try setting exclusions for those in Outpost? It may be worth a try. I set an exclusion for DefenseWall because it kept shutting down after a reboot but after I added the exclusion it did not happen again.

21. acr1965

I excluded all MBAM, EMSI and even Ad Muncher from OSS 7.5.1 before reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.