Outpost Security Suite FREE

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by MinDokan, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAW

SAW Registered Member

Outpost worked fine as far as its firewall and AV for me and I installed it in two machines, I preferred MSE though so I uninstalled it in two different machines and in Windows 7 64 both times it left the windows firewall unable to stay turned on after a reboot . Like you I had to resort to system restore, so it seems it maybe a problem with their program or uninstaller.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

You're not supposed to run two software firewalls at the same time.

3. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Cheers Saw. Glad I'm not alone.

4. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

TBH I wasn't. OSS had shut down the Windows Firewall in the installation process, why did it come back up on the 1st reboot? Should it? No. Hence the reason I took OSS off.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am trying the free Outpost Security Suite and so far it is working well. It's VB testing results are respectable enough. I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. The only thing so far that I would like to see changed is possible a few more settings included. I am running this on my XP Home computer with One Gig of ram and a 2.5 pentium. Will post how it is going in a week or so if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
  6. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I wouldnt use it without a router in front of my machine.No atack protection and so on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.