Outpost Security Suite 2009 + SAS and/or Prevx ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by lost24, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

I am currently considering improving my laptop security, which hasn't evolved for 2-3 years. It was Outpost FP + NOD32 + Spy Sweeper, and now it is what's on my signature. Sandboxie + SD (the latter definitely not activated all the time) only since yesterday, but they look great.

I might drop NOD (unless v4 has impressive detection rates) and Spy Sweeper (no longer what it used to be).

Well, here are my points :

1) OSS 2009 is much better with Smart Scan, simply because scanning processes are incredibly faster, as everybody knows. However, it is disabled when 3rd party resident protection softwares are detected. Would it work with Prevx Edge and/or SAS pro ? If so, without any conflicts ?

2) If not, would you say OSS 2009 + MBAM on-demand are more than enough, coupled with Sandboxie (and even SD now and then) ?

3) Would Prevx Edge and/or SAS pro add much greater protection ? Slightly better ? Not worth buying (this isn't about the softwares themselves, but taking my other security softwares into account) ?

Thanks a lot for your help. I would just like to avoid superfluous choices (and expense), no matter how great all these softwares can be. Sometimes 3 are better than 5 or 6, I guess.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

Any advice ? :oops:

3. osip

osip Registered Member

Well, there are guys more experts than me but I would say that your point 2 seems well enough...MBAM on demand as an extra, SBxie as the main surf protection, OSS with its AV/AS/IDS-HIPS...With an image prog behind I say this is a very good security...Light and comprehensive enough.
    Personally I like OSS very much in spite of all crtiticism about the virusbuster engine...That's my point of view.

rgs

(wrong section ?)

4. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

I don't know about the section (it's mainly about OSS compatibility and efficiency), but thanks a lot for your reply. I would not install SAS pro or Prevx Edge unless it adds some significant improvement on OSS + Sbxie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.