Outpost Pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by maddawgz, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. zip

zip Registered Member

Re: Out Post Pro

I've never had any problem with Outpost Free being stealthed.

3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

there is a free version?, well i am stealthed now i am using it, wasnt prior to that. Not very good at this stuff bare with me.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  4. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Looks like you are behind a router. Then it will be the ports of the router that is being scanned in a port test, not your software firewall.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I'm not too schooled in using firewalls either, but Outpost is very user friendly. I got the Lifetime version when they made an offer. :cool:

6. zip

zip Registered Member

Yes, I'm using it.

7. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Maddawgz . Outpost is the best around . Just play with it and enjoy it . Protection is second to none

8. Get

Get Registered Member

9. kathylee

kathylee Registered Member

Is Outpost free version with antivirus a better choice than mixing Avast free with Privatefirewall? That's what I'm using now. I find the PFW a little hard to figure out. I'm wondering if it's better to keep the FW and AV the same? Like Comodo has both available free, also. I'm not looking to compare strength so much as compatibility between pgms, and ease of use.

10. Disney

Disney Registered Member

If the firewall is hard to figure out , make a change . Outpost is very good . Should work with Avast no problem . You cannot get a better software firewall than Outpost in my opinion .

11. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

+1 to that!

12. Spiedbot

Spiedbot Guest

Windows firewall is better... you are marketing victims.

13. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Victim ? Lol . Not me . Sorry . Been using it since 2003 and freely . Cost me nothing . No hype . I have used it and tested thoroughly with each major release . One time in all these years , it failed me . A major update was released before it should have been . Fixes within a month . Long time to fix but , they were more interested in money without a doubt . Windows 7 firewall is better ? Happy to see you have something you like . Windows 7 firewall is good . I would use it if I had no money to spend . I chose Outpost because I know how good it is . Now that I know how good Windows 7 firewall is , I still use Outpost . Not a marketing victim . A victim of high quality .:thumb:

14. henryg

henryg Registered Member

When you make such a statement.... at least back it up with a fact. Otherwise... you're just another troll.

15. Spiedbot

Spiedbot Guest

Hello victims,

Not proactivity (behavioural blocker) in 64-bit system, unless UAC, only the effect placebo as in Outpost, Comodo, and Online armor, Windows firewall is full and free, no need to look any further.

Filter outbound? not decisive, the important thing is to be not infected, 99.99% of the people are unable to set a firewall output.

Not even forget to spend your small dollars.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  16. Get

Get Registered Member

I've got Outpost for many years now and it's nothing less than perfect (very configurable). Now you say I'm a marketing victim. I have windows xp. What would be the benefit of the xp firewall over Outpost Pro? I'm very interested. Not because it would save me money (I have a lifetime license which is very cheap btw), but because I always want the best possible solution.

17. Spiedbot

Spiedbot Guest

Salut,

With XP no UAC, you can get Outpost, no marketing victim, good choice.

18. Get

Get Registered Member

Ok, that's clear. When I'm on win7/8 I will look into it further.

19. woomera

woomera Registered Member

open process explorer and choose I/O total delta and what Outpost GOOOO. youll uninstall it and enver look back, lol

20. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

I don't think widows firewall comes close to a HIPS firewall. Depends on what you want for protection.

21. Spiedbot

Spiedbot Guest

Salut,

What you call "HIPS" is a first generation behavioral blocker currently, good antivirus integrates a silencer behavioral Blocker (which pose no issues), this tool is one of the elements of proactivity.

A behavioral Blocker is useful in XP, with Vista, W7 or W8 system useless, UAC is there.

Outpost, Online armor, Comodo, when they say offer a "HIPS" offer a placebo, or are the cause of a conflict with the proactivity of your good antivirus in Vista, W7 and W8 systems.

22. Motherroad

Well, This is good if you have 100% faith in your AV. No AV is 100% effective in todays world. If something gets by your AV and calls home a good outbound firewall is another layer of defense.

23. Spiedbot

Spiedbot Guest

Stop your common places! a hardware firewall , a software firewall with inbound filtering, an antivirus like Kaspersky, Bitdefender or G data, thats all.

Add layers of protection in free it is finished.

You sure make a firewall outbound? no!

24. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Not.

Quantify better, then compare apples to apples. Many 3rd party software firewalls would be better IMO simply because of the interface. WF blows in that regard.

I met a contracted coder for the Outpost firewall a long time ago, when it was in beta, who clued me into it. It was so much better than anything else, for many reasons. I am not as fond of the new versions, I think they try to do too much. My favorite was the original release.

But, I bought it. I have it set to always allow and turned off most of the plugins/components. I use it for information gathering and logs, something WF does not do, and something I am willing to pay to get, in the format I want it in, which Outpost does give.

Marketing vicitim? LOL, no. A marketing victim would be someone who buys a firewall because they think it will stop them from having problems. And I would agree with that in principal, that a lot of people have bought programs such as firewalls and have nothing to show but less $$ in the bank.

Sul.

25. Motherroad

OK. Not to argue. Different things for different people. Have run Outpost for 10 years and not much will change!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.