Outpost Pro Web Control

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by majid20, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majid20

majid20 Registered Member

Hello

I want to use Avira AntiVir Free

Avira is fast & strong but free version of avira don't have webguard

I want to use the firewall with webguard to complete my online guard

I am always online and I want sure for my security

I noticed that Outpost Firewall Pro has Web Control

Is that strong enough? (For Phishing , Malware & ...)

What is your suggestion?

Thanks

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

IMO it works fine. In my case, my Avast!AV has web control, so as not to have 2 I didn't activate the Web Control in Outpost. :)

3. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Yep, dosent Avira Premium only have the webguard?

Well Outpost FW 7.5 Pro it's firewall and web control modules were completely reworked. So i would say it would be enough :)
    I didnt have eny problems when i used web control on 7.1 version. Havent tried 7.5's Web Control because im using avast! free AV as twl845. Only using web shield and network shield in avast.

-http://www.agnitum.com/news/2011-06-15-outpost-7-5-release.php- theres whats new in 7.5.

Check the web control's settings before using it, best to configure it first :)

I would say your completely safe with web control providing web shielding.
    I just like diversity in my security setup, think il have to try new web control as well.
    You can test it, they have 30-day trial :)

Yea, 2 filters wouldnt be good think :D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  4. poison

poison Registered Member

I haven't liked outpost web control since 4.0 and now i always unceck the option and use my av web control

5. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

For malware I want top 5-7 products as per av-comparatives and the av in OP products doesn't yet meet my criteria. Avira does so with it's RT scanner on you are already in good shape.

For web control I have always felt 2 ways about it. I want a product that prevents me from going to a bad site in the first place THEN as well if I do end up on such a site my security will minimize it's ability to do any damage.

Firefox no script and white list takes care of most of that.

I also use OP's block list feature and with Nod 32 it helps with web site control.

With 2 web controls on I'm not as clear as I would like to be since I think OP's web control has different targeting than Nod32's but this needs more work than I have time for right now.

For you case you will be fine with OP Pro FW and web control on and avira with RT scanning active.

If you also implement OP's block list and no script in FF well then you could just get on with life!

6. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

7. guest

guest Guest

Yes, it's even better, but take a look to ghostery, do other things and it is also able to delete the flash cookies every exit and betterprivacy do more or less the same.
    http://www.ghostery.com/
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/ghostery/

You probably don't need betterprivacy if you clean with ccleaner: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/browse_thread/thread/e7fa43caa0064f43?pli=1
    Also take a look to the link in my signature.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  8. Jose_Lisbon

Yes, ghostery is a must have as well.
    I use Ccleaner but I like BetterPrivacy because it cleans Super Cookies every time I close the browser.

9. guest

guest Guest

The supercookies are in most of the cases flash and Silverlight cookies, Ghostery has an option to delete both every time you close the browser

10. Jose_Lisbon

Yeap, hadn't noticed. Thanks.

11. majid20

majid20 Registered Member

Thanks a lot , My friends ;)

12. J_L

J_L Registered Member

On version 10 SP2, Avira Free will have the WebGuard if you install and keep an adware toolbar. It's disableable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.