Outpost Pro online test worry

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by joffy, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joffy

joffy Registered Member

Just installed the Outpost Pro 2009 trial and tried the test your pc online option which opened the PC Flank site.
    The test results came up as...

Warning!
    The test found visible ports on your system: 12345.
    The following Trojans use these ports: NetBus
    Although these ports are visible, they are not open, so your system is not infected. However, having visible ports on your system means your computer can be "seen" over the Internet. This makes it very easy for skillful intruders to explore your system.

Recommendation:
    Install personal firewall software and use an anti-Trojan program.

Browser privacy check

The test checked if your web browser reveals any private information while you visit Web sites. Usually such information is: the last site visited, your locale and who your Internet Service Provider is.
    Danger!

Danger!
    While visiting web sites your browser reveals private information about you and your computer. It sends information about previous sites you have visited. It may also save special cookies on your hard drive that have the purpose of directing advertising or finding out your habits while web surfing.

I've set Outpost to block most and also have Prevx and Avira Premium installed.

So how come I'm failing this test?

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

do u have run in stealth mode checked? i ran the test and passed everything with green using Outpost Firewall Pro 2009

3. joffy

joffy Registered Member

Yeah stealth mode on.

4. s23

s23 Registered Member

Maybe is the avira web guard.... it use a proxy to filter the web traffic like kaspersky?

5. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

that sounds like a possibility, webguards are famous to conflict in situations like this.

6. rocky6

rocky6 Registered Member

Not sure about the visble port, but the browser privacy check goto settings-webcontrol-cusomize and change cookies and referrers to block and you should pass that test.

7. s23

s23 Registered Member

rocky6 is right. This should do the trick. block hidden frames and scripting activeX is a good thing to do too.

8. joffy

joffy Registered Member

It says Webcontrol is turned off to provide compatibility with third party software.

9. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

I had the same problem, I just switch the web-control to max and it passes all tests at PC Flank.
    Badcompany

10. joffy

joffy Registered Member

I guess my web control is disabled due to Avira?

11. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

I also use Avira nothing is blocked by Outpost pro.If you install Outpost pro first, switch to leaning mode and them install Avira everything should be good.
    Badcompany.

12. joffy

joffy Registered Member

Thanks, all sorted now, test passes except for... "The test found visible ports on your system: 12345.
    The following Trojans use these ports: NetBus".

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.