Outpost Pro...it's good!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by QBgreen, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Simplistic thread title, great software! I've been a big fan of SPF Pro, but also have a license for Outpost. Being that I'm smack in the middle of a blizzard and bored, I installed it on my XP Pro SP2 box. This is the first version (2.5.375.4822) that I've run that didn't give me any type of snarf. I also replaced my NOD32 (again, snow and boredom) with KAV 5 Pro and removed BOClean. I'm delighted to say that OP and KAV play together very well. I won't go into the feature set here, but it's loaded with useful ones. Looks like SPF Pro will take a nice long rest.

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Good to see a satisfied Wilders visitor :)

3. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Is the moral to this story

Or

Nice story :)

Jimbob

4. 0pium_Dealer

0pium_Dealer Registered Member

I've just installed this myself too, doing a 30 days evaluation at the moment.

I worry when the installation went as smoothly and easily as this.

It's now running in the background, and I don't even know if it's installed properly.....

Think I should go do some leaktest.....

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Leak tests are not the only tests you need to perform. Do a shield's up test at grc.com or a pcflank.com test.
    I don like leak tests, but that's an academic discussion of the use of the test. My believe is that such tests are needed only of you allow malware to infiltrate your trusted software: if you run as admin, do a lot of p2p file sharing and so on. I don't, so I don need the ability to intercept leak tests. But as I said, itś a minor, in my opinion academic, issue.

Then again: OP will proudly intercept what you throw at it :)

6. cyphE

cyphE Guest

hi,

i am using Outpost Pro 2.5 and i have a big problem! when i install BWMeter for checking banwidth on my local network and WAN, internet connection doesn't work, even ping on, for example, Google! if i uninstall BWMeter and reset computer, internet normally run... with Kerio 4.1 BWMeter works fine!

why, what can i do? thx, cE

7. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

Hia.
    Please don't hijack a thread.
    And your problem will be better solved at www.outpostfirewall.com Forums. Tonnes of Outpost fans and experts just sitting around ;)

PS: Try using "NetWorx" Download
    It's nice. [and free?]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  8. Hurricanetracker

Hurricanetracker Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.