Outpost Pro 4; Spyware Doctor tried to terminate the firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mover, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mover

Mover Registered Member

Spyware Doctor tried to terminate Outpost Pro 4 this morning after a Windows update to IE7. Anyone else have this happen ? Below is a screen shot.

The Windows update had nothing to do with this action that SD took. I just thought I'd list the event that had just completed prior to getting the warning from Outpost.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi Mover,

You may take a look of this thread in the Outpost forum:

http://outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18581

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    In reading the link, I to have had issues with the Self Protection option on OutPost. It would not allow AVG to update and I was constantly allowing it to make rules and then the Self Protection thing would come up. I consider this to be a major issue that OutPost techs should address. There should be an exclusion list or a work around...including for the Spyware programs of other companies. :thumb:

I currently have Self Protection disabled that is to radical a move to make. All or nothing. :p

So your product is not the only one with issues.

4. Mover

Mover Registered Member

I read the thread and post #9 caught my attention.

On the 'Self Protection' Alert thats shown, there is an option 'Never Report this Event'. By checking this option, will all attempted terminations not show an alert or only when Spyware Doctor tries to terminate Outpost ?

On Spyware Doctor, I could go to

OnGuard ->Process Guard -> Add Application (at the bottom)
    and add Outpost to this list.

BTW, I haven't changed anything since I initially got the alert from Outpost. When I reboot, I'm no longer getting the alert from Outpost that SD is trying to terminate it o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.