Outpost Pro 3.0 (557.437) released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by QBgreen, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

No changelog reflecting this release as of yet.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Tried it out briefly.. The spyware scanner still needs some work. Ran a full system scan from the GUI and it ate over 80mb ram during the process, then when it was done and I exited, it failed to release the ram, left me 80mb short. Outpost also still crashes at Windows shutdown, puts error messages in my event viewer logs here in Win2k. Old problem which still hasn't been fixed, dates back in various incarnations to 2.5 I think. Clean freshly formatted system here, no issues otherwise..

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Um .
    Since you blame OP and it crashes your system , may I ask WHY you tried it out again ? I would suggest sticking with something that works for you . OP is certainly not it . Stay with ZAP .

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I didn't say OP crashes my system, I said that OP itself crashes when I shut down Windows, an entirely different thing. OP needs work, obviously.. I am not bashing OP, just making a few observations..

5. hollywoodpc

Makes no difference about bashing OP . You should as it still needs work . All I am saying is , do not use it . Does not work for you and you feel it needs work . Stay with something that works for you . If a product does what OP does on your system , you have every right to bash it . And move on to a better firewall . Very simple

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

hi guys, I have to say something ;)

Outpost pro was in my view a topnotch firewall .. I loved it, no other was placed above v 2.5 ... I stopped using it when they incorporated "antispyware" modules into it...

it's a damn shame if you ask me cause they better moved to pg/ad like underware modules then with ms asw stuff ..

I still have my licence though when it was left only the firewall I fell in love with .. :) so what do you say? Thanx Outpost for those wonderfull years .. sorry P2K .. ..

7. Infinity

I just hope they won't build Antivirus modules into it ... I suggest they become some sort of micro oven so we can eat something with it :) ... damn ..

8. SSK

SSK Registered Member

You COULD just disable and remove the plugins you don't want to use... :)

Sorry, you need to give a better reason :D (j/k ;) )

9. Infinity

we got to draw a line somewhere otherwise .. we'll end up with having a licenced copy of zonealarm security suite Espresso machine making us virus free café au lait :rolleyes:

10. SSK

SSK Registered Member

If it makes Cappucino's I'm happy... :D

11. hollywoodpc

My my .
    Very strange . Why be bothered about an antispyware plugin ? SSK is correct . Disable it . Is that too difficult ? Agnitum made it that way on purpose . A shame that some people cannot grasp that concept . And Infinity . Get RID of your license . As I write this , an AV IS being developed . So , like Kerodo , let it go and stay with something you like . OP will only get worse for you . very sorry

12. Release date: December 6, 2005
    Version: 3.0 (557.437)

Change Log
    • After upgrading from version 2.7, spyware base was not available until Outpost Firewall is restarted.
    • Duplicate records in Add/Remove Programs dialog after installing Outpost Firewall 3.0.
    • If in user mode, Outpost Firewall did not start correctly after user logoff/logon.
    • French, German, Russian, and Spanish localization issues.
    • New Debug plug-in for providing error feedback to Agnitum.
    • Agnitum Update message was displayed if updating spyware base.
    • Access to FTP server was blocked if standard rules for FTP protocol from preset were used.
    • Issues while adding filters in Log Viewer.
    • Stateful inspection was not turned on in Allow Outqoing DHCP global rule after updating from version 2.7.
    • Agnitum Update hung in case of no network access.
    • Outpost Firewall could not be uninstalled after upgrade from previous versions.
    • Empty checkfw.log file in root of disk C:\ was created.
    • Outpost Firewall could crash on starting some Adobe applications.
    • Outpost Firewall could crash when moving or manually adding any application to Partially Allowed list.
    • Outpost Firewall locked registry which resulted in slow system shut down.
    • Remote address specified in the Rules Wizard dialog was not automatically set in Rules window when selecting Custom and clicking OK.
    • Block extra long DNS requests option is disabled by default.
    • Black color scheme issues.
    • Outpost Firewall could crash if the started application was immediately closed.
    • Outpost Firewall could crash on loading its service.
    • Outpost Firewall could crash on performing some plug-ins diagnostics.
    • Outpost Firewall could crash when going to sleep and hibernate modes.
    • Component control did not respond when updating any application that uses Internet connection.
    • Spyware scanner dumped big amounts of .tmp files in Windows temporary folder.
    • and more minor issues fixed.
    Please also review the Outpost 3.0 - What to expect thread
    for upgrade/install recommendations and other known issues.

Product Info: Outpost Firewall
    Download: v.3.0 (557.437)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.