Outpost new version 4.0.1005.590.123

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Chubb, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Outpost Firewall Pro 4.0 (build 1005/590.123)
    Release date: January 11, 2007

http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/history.php

The following features are new:

• Fake Protection Revealer leaktest interception
    • SpyCar tests interception
    • Allow Once action in real-time spyware protection learn dialog
    • Real-time spyware protection learn dialog improved for critical objects changes detection
    • Addition of Expandable String Value and similar variables to the
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run registry key is now controlled

The following issues are fixed (only significant ones are listed):
    • Compatibility issues with third-party software (KAV, eTrust, CygWin, Diskeper 10, Spy Sweeper 5.0.x)
    • Self-protection false positives
    • Anti-Spyware plug-in was not loaded under Windows 98
    • Outpost Firewall could crash on restoring objects from Anti-Spyware quarantine
    • Outpost Firewall could crash on thread opening
    • Several localization and interface issues

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Another Outpost Release and Another "F**K UP!" I just installed it and All **** broke loose. First of All after rebooting when I installed it, It came up Outpost had created an Error and to submit the zip log to Agnitum. So I did,and then It wouldnt load in the taskbar. On clicking the Icon in Start/Programs Menu It then Proceeded to tell me I had just switched accounts using Microsofts Fast User Switching, and I couldnt acces the Control Panel, but outpost was still running on my Computer,and Protecting it,and I had to switch back users. I DID NOT USE THIS BLOODY MICROSOFT THING! :mad: Then I tried to uninstall it but it wouldnt let me cause it was still running, I tried stopping the process in Windows Task Manager but It wouldnt let me as Self Protection prevented it.

I eventually uninstalled it after a long process of stopping the service in safe mode. Then I Installed this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE

It seems to be running OK after I installed the Visual Package, but it seems yet again Users are stuck with a Unsatisfactory release from Agnitum. Thay really have gone Down the Tube

~removed un-necessary provoking remark....Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007
  3. hiro

hiro Registered Member

You are all right, another "F**K UP!" but the shops boy they keep silent, because they think that having an ace in the sleeve?
    Outpost Security Suite 5.0, with included the AVG as antivirus, avg but that sadness...
    Dear fans of Outpost not to wait him, has tried also this, instead of having one single bullshit, with the new 5 you will have two in one single packets.
    PS: the winner has been announced for year 2006, he is dear k....!

4. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

No problems here. I did a clean install and reloaded the config file and it seems to be working okay.

5. Rickster100

Rickster100 Registered Member

Hello,

Yes I am having absolutely no problems with this latest Outpost 4.0 release. If anything, its running more smoothly on my system. RESULT!!!! :)

Richie

6. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

It's working flawlessly on my machine, so far.

7. henryg

henryg Registered Member

I've just installed Outpost, just to compare it to Kerio and Comodo. I have to say that I'm very impressed.... A definite keeper and a well built firewall. My ThinkPad has never ran this good and secure before.:thumb:

8. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Like others, my copy is working smoothly.

9. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I don't understand "Fake Protection Revealer leaktest interception" :blink:

10. smith2006

Source: http://www.matousec.com/projects/wi...alysis/introduction-firewall-leak-testing.php

11. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Thanks Smith2006, but i know the story. What i don't understand is "Fake Protection Revealer leaktest interception". It intercepts Matousec's test?

12. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Must be something lost in the translation. o_O Just loaded up the latest release of OP, it's running very well on my home machine alongside BOClean, NOD32, SAS Pro and Primary Response SafeConnect. Diskeeper 2007 Pro Premier is doing its defrag thing without a burp. Best 4.x release so far. Agnitum is a serious player, they will fix any remaining snags.

13. Carver

Carver Registered Member

14. smith2006

I have no problem.

The manual update still works with the new version.

P.S I don't have special setting for windows update site.

15. Carver

Carver Registered Member

It works if you set policy to "Allow most"

16. cprtech

That should not be necessary. Try this: Options->Applications->Components->Edit->Rebuild Database

If that doesn't work, check the "Blocked Connections" in your logs for clues.

17. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I had to create rule for update site.

18. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Sorry to hear about those who are having trouble and happy for those it is working.

I have had to stop using OutPost Pro until I get a new machine, which will have Vista on it and more resources. On "my pc" it used more resources then I wanted it to. :(

And on the "Family PC" it does not allow for Logging off and on between Admin accounts and those who do not have Admin accounts. System freeze ups. Cold reboot only unlocks it. I have fiddled around and tested my machine it is certainly Outpost Pro. :thumbd:

19. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

mine is working well too.

20. smith2006

Not true, I use the "Block Most" policy & it still works.

21. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I tried to install it on the laptop last night. Upon re-boot I got a black screen saying: Windows\system32\configsys is corrupt. Please insert Win XP CD...
    Couldn't use FD-ISR to fix this :( Had to restore sys w/ ATI

This wasn't a clean install. Just exited Outpost. Perhaps I should try a clean install?

...screamer

22. cprtech

This version should allow you to install overtop your existing version, though it should first warn you to exit Outpost, then it will uninstall the present version, prompt for a reboot, then start the auto-installer after logging back on, followed by a second and final reboot to complete the installation.

Personally, I don't like this "Semi-Automatic" method of uninstall/reinstall. Other security apps, in particular, can and probably will interfere with the auto-launch of the installer after the first reboot. I shut everything down first, including Outpost, uninstall, reboot, shut everything down again after log-in, then install the new version to the same directory as the previous version, followed by a reboot to complete the install. Just remember to backup your config file from the previous version first before you uninstall it, as it can be imported to your new install. If you are not behind a router, I would even unplug from the Internet before starting this procedure, just to be extra cautious.

23. cprtech

24. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Took the High-Road this install. All is well !! thanks!

25. cprtech

Good to see. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.