Outpost new release

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Antarctica, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Outpost Firewall Pro was Updated today.

Issue that are resolved:

Autolearn mode is disabled by default if Advanced security level is selected during installation
    Real-time protection was disabled for some time after antivirus databases update
    Slowdown during installation of redistributable components
    Entertainment mode prompt was not disabled on starting full-screen applications
    SMTP attachments could not be sent using Thunderbird mail client
    Installation issues (ACS server could not be found)
    Rules for trusted and blocked applications could be lost after suspending protection
    Properties of some applications could not be opened from the Edit Rules dialog
    Log folder could not be opened using the command in the Settings window
    Issues on displaying web pages on servers using gzip encoding

http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/index.php

2. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Great...thanks

3. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Does this new release fix the freezing issues under 64 bit W7 OS ?

4. lws

lws Registered Member

Do any of these problems exist in Outpost free? This one in particular..."Rules for trusted and blocked applications could be lost after suspending protection" AND is there going to be an update for Outpost free in the future.

5. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I have no idea. Your best bet would be to ask this question directly on the Outpost Forum.:)

6. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Anyone observed on W7 32 bit oficial RC OS ,svchost at high CPU load over 60 % time and CPU stuck at 100% when running 6.7.2 ?
    It does that even when i m doing nothing ,with the network cable removed :)
    I trialed it for 30 minutes on my old rig but no chance ,once the load of CPU goes to 100% it stayes there and its not coming back until restart ,then system stays few minutes ok and it gets back to 100%.Host protection or spyware protection has no impact on the issue ,turning them off did nothing ,removing the firewall did the trick.RC fresh install or with updates tested same thing.
    The rig is old ,a Barton 2600 + and 1 G of RAM ,but Private Firewall works without this issue.If i remeber corectly neither the previous version of Outpost worked .
    Anyone encountering issues on W7 ?
    Is the W7 RC 7100 only ,suffering this issue or Outpost 2009 will not cope prorperly with W7 on some systems ?

7. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Can only guess for you.

You are on a OP 7 RC right so a beta testing situation. Best idea is ask the beta testing guys.

Otherwise, I'd do a REAL clean fresh install after a full/complete uninstall of OP.

Do you have other security products running

If so, remove them all defrag PC reinstall your AV see if all is working then reinstall latest OP forget the W7 PC just use the latest offical release from OP web site.

Good luck

8. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

It was a clean install with Windows Firewall and Windows Defender disabled.
    Tested with the RC out of the box and with it updated including LAN card driver updated and no go.
    I will not insist on the issue ,just wanted to know if others have this ,with the W 7 RC ,more specifically .

9. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I think i have found my issue :) .
    I ve installed Outpost 64 bit trial in my newer machine ,i was too curious to resist :)
    Guess what, i was having the exact svchost 40-50 % CPU load though the machine has a X3 at 3,3 Ghz.
    Usually i do my own rules regarding pings and ports right at the wide rules sections no mater the firewall.
    Looking at the log i ve saw som IP 6 blocked things and i simply went to the LAN properties and disabled the IP v6 and the 2 Link Topology "things".After disableing them the CPU went in the normal 0-1% load.
    So its something related to the IP v 6 protocol.

10. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

Still getting issues receiving emails with Thunderbird! I know this is not the place to rant, but it's actually stopping me using this otherwise great firewall. It was an issue in the last build and it's still the same in this one. I know it's only a case of disabling content filter for the application, but seems a bit pointless in disabling this feature in a firewall to me. It's like using an antivirus and disabling protection. Ho hum.....:rolleyes:

11. Shelty

Shelty Registered Member

I had trouble getting my emails with Thunderbird with Outpost and Avast 5. I found this on Outpost Forum that fixed the problem for me on WinXP SP3.

Outpost no longer filters loopback in the new version. Regardless of the content filtering setting for the application, if the channel of communication is through loopback, it will not be checked by default. Since the proxy encrypts the data, Outpost can no longer see the contents at that point either.

* Temporarily Disable Outpost Self Protection.
    * Find the machine.ini file in the Outpost installed directory.
    * Locate the entry that control this new operation and return it to normal.
    Use a plain text editor and do not turn wordwrap on.
    ; AFW Driver Settings
    [AFW]
    ; Skip filter streams on loopback (to improve IPC communications based on TCP/IP).
    SkipFilterLoopbackStream=TRUE <---- Change this to FALSE
    * Re-enable Outpost Self Protection.
    * Restart Outpost or reboot the machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.