Outpost firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by 24giovanni, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24giovanni

24giovanni Registered Member

hi, I have outpost firewall on my win2000 machine and I'd like to network it with my xp machine. I am not sure how to add a connection in outpost. Can someone help me out with it who is knowledgable with this product please.

TIA

2. 24giovanni

24giovanni Registered Member

can someone help please.

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I have never used the firewall program, but here is a link to the support forum for the program. You might find the answer to your question there.

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/

4. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

Hallo,

apart from the usual setting up of the network in windows you have to allow NetBios traffic in Outpost for your LAN adapter. I do not have the programme installed right now so I don't recall the exact names for the menus, but if you look through the settings you'll find the option.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Go to 'options' and select 'system'. Click on 'settings' for 'LAN'. In there it should list your LAN settings, if not click on 'detect'. Once it has been detected and shows up tick the box under 'netbios'. You should now be able to communicate with the other computers on your lan assuming the other computers have been set to allow netbios as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.