Outpost Firewall Pro 2.7 (build 484/412) Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Paranoid2000, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

On 31st May 2005, Agnitum released version Outpost 2.7. This includes the much-requested ability to set exceptions for the Hidden Process and Open Process control security features that were added in 2.5.

Following is a list of new features:
    • List of exclusions for Hidden Process Control
    • List of exclusions for Process Memory Control
    • GINA module for tracking user logon/logoff processes
    • Automatic rules configuration for servers with multiple IP addresses
    • Data transfer using DNS requests
    • Automatic smart rule naming
    Following is a list of issues that were fixed (only major listed):
    • Issue with opening of renamed attachments in TheBat!
    • Windows Server 2003 SP1 issue showing up in inability to receive mail using TheBat!
    • Processing of fragmented packets (all fragments were processed according to the rules for the first fragment)
    Please also review the Outpost 2.7 - what to expect thread for upgrade/install recommendations and other known issues.

2. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Looks like to test things out again :D

3. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Running smoothly so far. The options to exclude apps from Hidden Process Control and Process Memory Control are welcome additions. Kudos to Agnitum! :D

4. Grumble

Grumble Registered Member

Yes, nice surprise! exclusions for Hidden Process Control is especially most welcome! Haven't upgraded yet but looking forward to doing so this evening.

5. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Its smokin as usual!! da best firewall around

6. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

7. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I agree with you on the BSOD problem. It was the main reason I opted to get rid of Outpost some time ago.

I will watch this thread for updates on reliability etc.

Jag

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I don't remember to had some BSOD caused by Outpost...

9. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have v2.5 but didn't install the 2.6 so would be really pleased if this version works really well. I had the BSOD with the first install of Outpost (hyperthreading) even though it was fixed I still do not let OP auto start :oops:

I have so far installed as upgrades but think this one will probably require a full uninstall and re-install afresh which is the bit I am worried about :'( my version is working but would hate to think the uninstall would leave bits to conflict with the new version given all the uninstall instrucions on the OP forum o_O

10. tlu

tlu Guest

Robyn, I also have an Intel processor with HT. I had no problems with 2.6, and 2.7 is running very well so far. There is no reason to not let OP auto start, IMHO.

I downloaded the new version from the Agnitum site. When you start the program the old version is deinstalled (you have to shut it down before) and the new version is automatically installed during a reboot. No problems here, and your old configuration is still there.

11. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Hi tlu

When you updated in this way do you have two Agnitum Pro v 2.5 + v 2.6 in your main folder? I have my very first install and then installed v2.5 over the top and now have other listed which is why I think I really should have uninstalled first. if I install 2.7 this way (which is much easier) I think this would add another Pro 2.7 o_O

If I uninstalled at this stage I don't know which one to uninstall first as both have an uninstall file :'(

Thanks for the advice on auto start as I really did stay away from this after my first experience with OP.

Edit: I have been to the site and downloaded, read the instructions and it would seem if I used the full installer it will remove my old copies. Last time I waited until the atuo update was on the server. Hopefully doing it this way will clean up the last installs and keep my settings for me.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2005
  12. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

looking good, except customized columns settings in the main windows dont stick :/
    looks like a handful of other minor problems have been reported too. id expect a new build within the week to fix these issues

13. tlu

tlu Guest

Hi Robyn, yes, indeed the old version is completely removed by the installer, aside from your configuration files. Nevertheless, it's a good idea to copy them to another folder - just in case ...;)

14. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

new verson again ? it says 2.7.485(412) on th eofficial site now, not 484...cant find any info about it though..maybe its just a typo

15. Grumble

Grumble Registered Member

I waited until today to download and install 2.7 - it is indeed 2.7.485(412) - and it installed very nicely and is running well. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.