Outpost Firewall Forum Back Up!!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hayc59, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

cya there!!;)

2. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Attention Outpost Forum User Community,

On behalf of the forum leadership, I would like to express our regrets for the downtime encountered last week and our happiness that we are now able to reactivate the forum. The downtime during the last week was not anticipated and we have done our best to reactivate the forum since the problem started.

There were several complicating factors that contributed to these technical difficulties including the fact Agnitum employees were on vacation during the last week and also our limited access to the physical server on which the forum resides. This situation can be described as "worst case" and should be rare in my opinion. However, the forum leadership does continue to explore options and ideas that may help mitigate the results of such server errors in the future and the resulting downtime.

We apologize for any inconveniece that our downtime may have caused and thank you for your patience. Now that we are back up, it is our hope that we can move directly back to discussion of user problems with Outpost, feedback, and having a laugh here and there.

Please reference this thread for any questions about the downtime. All that needs to be said has been said here. And, we would like forum posting to be focused on Outpost issues rather than a lot of questions about our downtime. Thank you for your cooperation and welcome back.

Outpost Firewall Forum Leadership

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

There are currently problems with the forum preventing some people (including the admins!) from logging in.

For the next couple of hours, please do not log in to the forum - failed login attempts are making it impossible for the administrators to access the forum control panel. Thanks!

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Please, tell us when this problem was fixed... ;)

5. Paranoid2000

Problem is still there I'm afraid - the forum needs to be taken down but none of the Admins can access the control panel to do so, and no-one has access to the server itself to be able to make changes directly. So it will have to wait until Agnitum's webmaster can address the issue.

I do suspect a vBulletin bug here (since almost everyone is getting the 15-minute notice when trying to login, but not receiving an email notification each time) but that is more a hunch on my part...

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I received that e-mail notification two times...

7. Paranoid2000

...and how many times did you try logging in?

8. Paranoid2000

Dear All,

The Outpost forum is now back up and appears to be working fully. If anyone encounters any issues, please post there or email the forum admins.

Finally, thanks to Paul Wilders for putting up with us here :D I'll still hang around but will ease up on my posting!

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

That's good news!

It has been a pleasure :)

You're welcome as ever - and no need to ease up on your postings :)

regards.

paul

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

A few times...

But now it works very well ;)

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.