Outpost firewall 2009 not installing on vista

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by eezdva, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

I have a problem. I can't seem to install the outpost firewall on vista. or better said . It install then it has to reboot but then it basicly blocks and freezes my whole PC on start up of the desktop. Did anybody else have this problem??

It's vista SP2 . I use nod32 a antivirus. Thought it might be that. So I deinstalled that too . But no luck. Hellllppppp.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Re: Outpost firewall 2009 not iinstalling on vista

any errors in event viewer logs?

3. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Re: Outpost firewall 2009 not iinstalling on vista

I can not open anything.

First time I installed it asked for the key. Then as had it on my pc just pushed continue.

Then when I tried to put the key in and push apply the pc plus outpost freezes and since then when I install and reinstall all it does it freeze my PC before even being able to boot the desktop fully.

It will ask for the key and then freeze o_O

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

you have the key for the full version? did you try their tech support if yes?

5. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Well it's a trial..... But actually the free aswell as the full has the same problem....

The trial is almost finished :oops: Anyways was hoping someone had the same and found a solution.

6. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Maybe a conflict between Outpost and Vista SP2?

7. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Thought the same but then there must be more people with this problem right?

8. m00nbl00d

I guess you're probably right.

Just to be sure of one thing, you never had Outpost installed in your system, have you? I'm asking because you mentioned that your trial period is almost ending. That makes believe, perhaps, you had Outpost installed, and updated Windows Vista with SP2?

Try this approach and see if it helps you out. Download the zip file from http://www.agnitum.com/support/kb/article.php?id=1000159&lang=en, by choosing the 32-bit or 64-bit, according to your system. Extract it to your desktop, and reboot your system in Safe Mode. Execute clean.exe with administrator rights and wait for it to reboot. It will take a few minutes. After rebooting, try reinstalling Outpost and see if it installs properly.

9. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Thank you for your help but I tried that and it didn't help . I really don't understand what is the problem really.

10. m00nbl00d

Your best option would be to get in direct contact with Agnitum support. Even if you have a trial version, they will answer you as fast as possible. It depends on the number of paid costumers requesting their help as well, I believe.

11. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Hi eezdva,

please answer the following:

1. What version of Outpost are you using?
    2. Is Vista built-in firewall disabled?
    3. You are using Eset antivirus. Are you using any other security software running real-time?
    4. Are you using 32 bit or 64 bit bit Vista?

Also, I'm using Outpost Security Suite - latest version - on Vista SP2 no problems.

12. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

I am using 6.5.5

The vista firewall is disabled.

And only using Nod32 V4 . I have super anti spyware and Malwarebytes but that is only on -demand.

And I am using 32 bit premium SP2.

The thing is it used to work at a certain moment. Thats why I am not sure why there is a problem using it.

13. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Maybe something somewhere went wrong. I would take the advice via the link moonblood gave you in his post #8 and perform a manual uninstall according to the instructions. Just take your time and follow the steps carefully.

14. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Yeah I did that already.

As I said . It installs fine . But just when the desktop is almost loaded and click for example on the tray icon. The taskbar freezes and then after my whole PC.

15. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

My apologies, I missed that :oops:

Your best option then is as moonblood suggested already to report the issue to Agnitum here. Just use the drop-down arrow for the bug report.

16. m00nbl00d

OK.

I installed it in one of my systems, and I didn't witness the blocking and freezing, though I did witness the same problems as before, and that, so far, haven't been fixed, like slower system boot and drivers failing to load. It also ruined my Internet connect.

It seems that over Outpost's forum, other users are complaining about the drivers.
    I know I have contacted Agnitum, and gave my best helping them out, but they kept me asking for log files I could find nowhere. They insisted I must find them, and I quit contacting them.

Maybe, somehow, your problem is related to Outpost not being able to load its drivers as well, and, perhaps oddly, blocking and freezing your system. No idea.

I'd advise you to get in touch with them and see what they have to say.

17. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Outpost also told me to send the log files. But to be able to do that I need to get the programm to work in the first place. Which I can't cause once I start the programm and lick on anything it feezes :) So nothing there. AAAAH :)

18. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Can you send them all *.ini and *.conf files from the "Outpost firewall Pro" directory, all files from the "Outpost firewall Pro\Logs" directory and if found, any *.minidump files from C:\Windows" directory. Sending them as zipped archives is best, if possible.

19. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Ok that sounds good . Will try that. But i can only do that also insafe mode....but thats cool right?

20. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Yes, in safe mode should be fine.

21. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

In what mode do you install it?
    This freeze will happen if the application rule for "services.exe" does not have a rule allow/deny to load drivers. The outpost guide waits for the input and if it is not inserted in time the desktop freezes.

Panagiotis

22. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Ok , I was so annoyed I reinstalled windows. The outpost firewall installed great.

But when I installed SP2 it was almost done rebooting at fase 3 100% and then it reverted all the changes for some reason.

So basicly it didn't install. Does this have to do anything with the outpost firewall??

23. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

And what did u mean with this??

24. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Under the "Anti-leak Control" you can see the "driver load" option.
    http://www.agnitum.com/support/kb/article.php?id=1000248&lang=en
    During the first reboot outpost should ask if you want to permit to "services.exe" to load drivers.
    If you do not select allow or block in this pop-up the desktop will freeze after a while.

Panagiotis

25. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

I allowed services.exe before installing SP2 but it still blocked my PC. I deinstalled OP and my PC worked again. I have no clue whats up. And after reinstalling windows I don't think it will be solved. Pity though cause I like outpost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.