Outpost Fails to load on System Boot

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by DVD+R, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I just installed Outpost Firewall pro on my New system along side Avira Premium 2012, and now each time I boot, or startup my system, a taskbar message indicates Outpost has failed to load, although when I open Outpost, It seems to be Ok, everything is Green in Status, sugesting it's running fine. Anyone else with this problem?

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Exact same problem I had in the past on vista and a recent try on windows 7 32 bit.The uninstall worked out well though.:D

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Probably avira conflicting with outpost especially aviras webguard and/or proactive module .I know some will say that they have no problems ,but it usually means disabling features in one or the other or both programes and setting exclusions within each too .and then hope for the best.Personally if i was using outpost full time ,id choose a very basic av ,with just resident shield and possibly heuristics...no webshields or proactive modules.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Occasionally my Outpost firewall doesn't load at startup. I get a grey shield. I can't start it by clicking it in the menu either. All I do is re-start my system and it loads good on the second try. I have been meaning to start a thread with this question myself. I can't figure out what causes this.

5. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

I had the same problem a friend of mind said too uninstall Outpost and try again make sure you don't install Anti-Spyware and Web control with Outpost as you already have Avira AntiVir Premium, before you start installing Outpost Pro make sure your internet cable or whatever you have on your PC make sure you're online because Outpost Pro automatically download the latest Outpost drivers for your OS and update patches etc etc while you're online.

For another words if you're not online behind the internet cable and the Outpost drivers for your OS and update patches doesn't install during online, and you're Outpost Pro is not working properly and that is why you're getting a grey shield that what I've been told just make sure you are completely online during the installation.

6. Circe

Circe Registered Member

Good advice :thumb: , if your outpost icon is greyed out please download the uninstall tool and follow the instructions. http://www.agnitum.com/support/kb/article.php?id=1000159

Then install avira first then custom install outpost, when installing outpost do not install the web guard and spyware modules as pointed out by speddypc.

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks to both of you for the tip! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.