Outpost Attack Detection Plug-in Problem (not work with limited account?)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Dryopithecus, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dryopithecus

Dryopithecus Registered Member

Hi,

I'm new to Outpost.

I have a administrator account and a limited user account in my windows xp sp2. With the administrator account, the Attack Detection plug-in works perfectly, but with the limited user account, it seems that this plug-in was disabled. It can't detect any port scan when I test on this site (http://scan.sygatetech.com/tcpscan.html). (I have cleaned the Blocked Hosts List everytime before I do a test.)

Is there anyway to enable the Attack Detection in the limited user account?

Very sorry for my poor english... :oops:

Regards

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  2. myhomie

myhomie Registered Member

i second emotion the post above.

i too have problem using the outpost firewall in my limited account. my firefox wont connect to the internet using my limited account but can connect if im using my admin account.

but this is really weird because in my experience when i open the outpost in my limited account everythings ok but when i open it in my admin accnt and try to use firefox on the limited accnt it can connect at first maybe a few hours and then it suddenly cant connect. is this a known bug or something?

thanks guys.. we really need your help bout this one. cheers!

regards,
    /myhomie

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Are either of you using Fast User Switching? If so, then Outpost will not work well with this feature since only the first user to login will receive (and be able to reply to) any Outpost prompts. As such, if FUS is critical to you, another firewall would be the best answer.

Otherwise, please review your Outpost logs (Blocked and Attack Detection) and try clearing all the options in the Ethernet tab (see Known Issue 3 of Outpost 3.0 - What to expect).

4. Dryopithecus

Dryopithecus Registered Member

Thank you very much for the reply!!

I didn't use Fast User Switching. I have already switched back to Look n Stop yesterday, it works fine. :D

Thanks again!

Best Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.