Outpost antispyware database problem?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Atomas31, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I have checked for update for the anti-spyware module of Outpost and now the amount have greatly decrease to 12 571 signatures and now with the latest update it is at 12 632 signatureso_O What's going on? Am I the only one who have seen his signatures database decrease?

Is there a way I can manually download and install the most recent update? Right now, every time I check for update, Outpost tell me I have the most recent updateo_O?

Thank's,
    Atomas31

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi Atomas .
    As of now , over 19 . 300

3. mkeg

mkeg Guest

My Outpost 3.0 anti-spyware module lists as having 19476. Don't know why yours is lower and still saying it is up to date.

Have you tried posting at http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/ to see if they can help.

Mike

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Well the main reason I went to Out Post 3 was for the real time spyware protection. I have tried everything I know to do and it will not update I am at Sept. 26, 2005 and 16010 sigs red "out of date" in data base.

This is getting on my nerves :mad: :mad:. No help at the Out Post Forum so far either. I read "what to expect" sounded like good advice and made since but does not work for me.

The tools>Auto update, is set. I have tried manually over and over again hour glass comes up for 1/2 second a little blink of the screen and nothing. Nothing in the logs either it's like the attempt is not even being made to update.

Everything else is working fine. Scans o.k. realtime set as enabled. All other security programs get their updates just fine in the usual manner. So the firewall itself works fine. I know I am not the only one, are they working on this at Agntium. :doubt: :(

I have no clue and am at a loss.:doubt: :(

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Manual Agnitum Update does not work? I have just tried and I have got 19900.

6. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Fellow creature . lol
    Hi my friend . When you installed it , there should have been an area where you set it up for database updates . It seems you set everything correctly though . You have updates enabled but , the most important thing is that real time is ENABLED . You have written that it is . I would suggest reinstalling . Because I am unsure of what is missing but , something certainly is .
    Good luck .
    But , at setup , I think you could have set it up to check for a new database each day or whatever . Mine does each day . Reinstall and see what happens . Let me know how it goes

7. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

Hello mercurie,
    Did you try the suggestion to locate the update.ini file for the auto update program that is located in the "Program Files -> Common Files ->Agnitum Shared". Locate the NeedToUpdate section at the bottom and change from zero to one for the spyware modules.
    [NeedToUpdate]
    spy_inc.sdb=1 <----- Change to 1
    engine.dll=0
    outpost.exe=0
    aupdate.dll=0
    spy_main.sdb=1 <---- Change to 1

Restart Outpost and try to manually "Check for Spyware Database updates."

8. mercurie

Creature FirePost,

Big time Thank You. Your instructions were clear and I did as you instructed. Rebooted and started OP 3 did the manual update. First time it wanted a password and stuff o_O what the....o_O cancel. Tried again. everything went automatically you could see the progress after clicking next.

I am now a happy bird at 20020 and up to date 10-24-05.

Thanks. sounds like I missed the instructions somewhere you gave me. Your tone indicates that these are listed some where. Now my concern is for those who are not comfortable "tampering with the code." For those still having trouble these instructions are good; use your search find the file it came up for me as update with the string listed above, click it and you are there. It will be a word pad text. Follow the instructions above, my listings were in a different order then above but find the ones to change and do as FirePost has instructed. :) ;) Good Luck.

9. mercurie

Hello Friend HollyWoodPC. Your suggestion was Plan B. Always has been. But I like to solve the problem with the already loaded and working otherwise program.

Do reinstalls as last resort. ;)

10. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

No. I was just asking if you had tried that solution.
    They were posted in one of the threads on the Outpost Firewall Forum by someone else, easily missed.
    I put the information there so it was clear what I meant and to have them easily availble for anyone trying to solve the problem ;)

11. mercurie

Broken Again!

Stuck on 11-12-05 at 22147 in the data base :p

Tried to... the box said it was connected but just froze there like that.

Kept attempting until now I get nothing, except message in the bottom right that I am up to date. BULL!!

This spyware updater needs some work it just should not be that hard and difficult to keep up to date.

Any suggestions I have checked the above settings they are still set.

Any suggestions? :(

12. you know

you know Guest

22302 is the latest def's
    Agnitum had a hiccup on their wesite yesturday
    all better now

13. you know

you know Guest

14. mercurie

Just wanted to drop back by and bring some resolution to this for those who may be interested and often threads of the past are highlight for future problem solving. Of course, there is no big revolation in this instance.

I uninstalled and reinstalled OutPost and the FW updated AntiSpy right away.

Now to my :) it seems to update automatically. I got the 18th update without having to manually do it.

I check for my update schedules below in the OutPost update section:

http://forum.misec.net/board/SoftwareUpdates

I think the hiccup mentioned earlier was part of my problem too.

Hope this helps but it appears something in my early download was not working right as I see few on this forum or the others I frequent having much difficulty getting their updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.