Outpost 8.1 Release Candidate Now Open To Public

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hayc59, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Outpost 8.1 Release Candidate Now Open To Public

Outpost Security Suite Pro 8.1 RC (4298.670.1907)
    Release date: May 27, 2013
    Supported OS:
    Windows 2003, XP, Vista, Windows
    Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8

Outpost Security Suite Pro is a robust, comprehensive Internet security solution that protects against a broad range of threats; from viruses and spyware to rootkits and botnets. Outpost Security Suite Pro features proactive defense mechanisms to thwart unknown malware and web safety tools to safeguard your Internet surfing. Download Internet security suite and start browsing the web with confidence.

Improved
    • Extended abilities to intercept intrusions into process memory using processes shared memory areas
    • Extended HIPS monitoring area on Windows 8
    • Improved product operation with Fast User Switch
    • Improved logic of driver operation with IPv6 addresses
    • Improved archived malware cure rate
    • Improved SmartDesicion characteristics
    • Improved entertainment mode logic
    • Improved scan results presentation logic
    • Improved context scan processing logic
    • Improved Quarantine module logic
    • Presets are updated
    Fixed
    • Known GUI and service BSODs are fixed
    • AFW: Several reported crashes in firewall driver are fixed
    • AFW: Obsolete addresses cleanup issue is fixed (could affect network connections throughput)
    • Rules autocreation logic vulnerability is fixed
    • Possible application blockings on Fast User Switch are removed
    • Possible product setup issue caused by MS Redistributable Package version conflicts is fixed
    • Inability to install product on Windows 8 on exceeding the number of filters installed in protocol stack is fixed
    • Issues with logic of assigning SmartDesicion rating to several applications are fixed
    • Issue with high-priority low-level firewall rules creation is fixed
    • Possible delays, freezes and unavailability of Windows Audio service on Windows Vista are fixed
    • Issues with product update via proxy server are fixed
    • Several issues with individual sites configuration in QuickTune plug-in are fixed
    • Possible UI issues and glitches are fixed
    • Typing errors in GUI are fixed
    • GUI issues with rules creation for critical objects are fixed
    • Defects in product prompts under low screen resolution are fixed
    • Typos and errors in national localizations are fixed
    • Incorrect filters operation in packet log and firewall is fixed
    • Possible operating system freezes on using Opera browser are fixed
    • Reported memory and resources leaks are fixed
    • Outpost Pro and Spam Terrier compatibility issues are fixed

Download: Release Candidate Outpost 8.1

2. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

No Release Candidate for Outpost Personal Firewall Pro? Is the firewall-only product going away?

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Is it OK to install over the top of OSS 8.0? If so would that hold true for the final?

TIA

4. Circe

Circe Registered Member

I personally would not install over the top of OSS 8, If you do want to install the RC then do a clean install just to be safe.

5. Circe

Circe Registered Member

I've not seen any news as regards a RC for Outpost firewall Pro but after reading the change log for the recent RC for OSS 8.1 I imagine a RC for Outpost firewall Pro 8.1 will be available in a few of weeks.

6. Rainwalker

Any other thoughts....I am concerned because of the RC aspect. Manny, are you there?

7. Circe

Circe Registered Member

Agnitum's RC are usually quite stable but I personally would wait for the final.

8. Manny Carvalho

Manny Carvalho Registered Member

I installed it over the top with no issues. However, because this is a beta you should take precautions to safely keep your configuration and make your install environment as simple as possible by shutting down everything else.

This version seems to be working very nicely right out of the box. No significant reports of problems at the OP forum. I've had it running since the 28th with no issues at all.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  9. Manny Carvalho

For some reason Agnitum decided they only needed to test the suite because the code for the firewall product is contained within the suite. They will release a firewall only product. It is not going away.

This is the first time they have done this so will see if this works out. In theory it should as far as testing is concerned. I suppose they want to move customers to the suite and this is one approach.

10. Rainwalker

OK...thanks

11. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Had to try this new and improved version, with bad results. Work for awhile the after a day maybe two booted up only half-way some programs started others not.
    I am so sick of agnitum for screwing up a perfectly fine firewall, even though I have lifetime license for both versions, The licenses are going to set on the back shelf where all my other bad software investments lay. I know this is a beta. Version 8.0 (4164.639.1856) is the same, just doesn't like my computer. :'(
    I guess they are focusing on win 8, which of course sucks. :D
    They agnitum are trying to hard to keep up with the others on the chart they have lost focus.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
  12. Manny Carvalho

Have we tried to help you at the OP forum? This is certainly not typical behavior. All my programs start although there are some that don't like to be interrupted but once a ruleset is created then it shouldn't be an issue at all.

13. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Hi Manny,

Could be a conflict with Appguard, SBIE, or Peerblock. And I did configure Machine INI for Loopback set as "FALSE".
    Thanks for your help. :)

14. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Installed it on a W7 x64 machine and already discovered 2 bugs. :)

1.Trying to add an exception to the malware scanner and navigating towards the place i keep Steam ,accidentally i also opened the Steam folder ,where of course there were more files and folders .Practically the path was : Partition/Games/Steam/*.
    So when i entered that location in the excluder the windows of the firewall disappeared and the task icon went out.Looked like the firewall died or something.

2.The firewall is generating an error with BF BC2 game ,a punkbuster error occurs and i am kicked for something called "Invalid Memory Image[130511]"

Practically i am kicked in no more than 90 seconds,It s not about network rules there must be some protection of the firewall or something that triggers this.Also PB was re-updated and such

Never seen the error before and PB threads with such error show that t occured when a rootkit is present in the system.As it did not occured prior to Outpost software it must be from it ,some protection stuff or something.

15. wert33

wert33 Registered Member

Outpost 8.1 final is available

16. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

17. Circe

Circe Registered Member

Thank you SpeedyPC. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.