Outpost 4 And Windows Live Messenger Auto Sign-In

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by DVD+R, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Do you have Outpost 4? and If so, do you have Windows Live Messenger, or MSN Messenger? If so, does Outpost allow WLM or MSN Messenger to auto sign-in when windows starts, or after a reboot? I dont know what is up, but Windows Live Messenger will not auto sign-in on my computer with outpost 4 Firewall installed, yet I notice that a pop-up will announce rules have been automatically created for msnmsgr.exe and I see a list of preset rules for it. The thing is during windows startup or reboot, I see the data tranfer light blinking when it trys to sign in, then it suddenly stops, and the taskbar icon for MSN is animated and blinking, which goes on for about 30 more seconds, then MSN Messenger fails to sign in. Then I have to right click on the taskbar icon,and manually sign in. I'm wondering If anyone has success with it auto signing in? and what are your rule settings for it If it does. It will sign in everytime If I uninstall OutpostI think one of the preset rules is blocking it,but I dont know which o_O

2. donsan

donsan Registered Member

I have outpost 4 as well and noticed the same problem as well. No problem once all programs are done loading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.