OUTpost 4.0 with KAV 2006

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Do u think it would be better if i use KAV 2006 (not KIS) with Agnitum Outpost 4.0?

I don't have alot of knowledge in firewalls but do u think that 4.0 is way more user friendly with more feature and enhancments and better protection than KIS 2006 firewall?

As 4.0 would most probably pass more leaktest than 3.5?

Do u think this would be a good combination?

also 4.0 has games feature meaning u can play online games with firewall enabled. this means just firewall set on low right? its just a marketing name?

Or would it be good to have KIS with firewall not installed and Outpost installed? like that i can have antispy?

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Until 4.0 is released (it is currently in closed beta), any such debate would seem rather pointless. If you're happy with KIS, stay with it - if you prefer Outpost, use that instead.

3. chaos16

Can someone help me now ;) as 4.0 is out please.

Do u think that KAV 6.0 & Outpost 4.0 with plugins are better than KIS only?

as KAV does not protect against popups? but Outpost does a very good job with that right?

and the real time protection from KAV 6.0 protects against spyware etc... right? and outpost as well?

And does Outpost 4.0 pass more leaktests than KIS?

4. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I would go for Outpost over KIS. I find the firewall better and easier to get along with...

KIS is fine if you want a good basic firewall. It has been pretty good in leaktests.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Outpost 4 passes all current leaktests. Combined with KAV you should have a good level of security.
    The game mode stops interfering pop ups from outpost while you are playing games or watching movies.

6. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

if not the best..
    one thing though,which one is suppose to have better proactive defense??
    coz u can't enable both..

7. chaos16

i want KAV proactive protection so wat feature do i have to disable in Outpost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.