Outpost 2.6 question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Kerodo, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I thought I'd give the new Outpost Pro another try here and so far it's working fine. One question though... I had to disable the System Rule "Allow LocalHost UDP Connection" in order to get Outpost to ask about my time sync program. OP was blocking it without asking for some reason. When I disable this rule, then OP asks and creates a rule for Dimension 4 and all is well.

I noticed however, that when I reboot, this System Rule is enabled again. So my disabling of it didn't take. It's ok, because now things work ok since I do have the time sync rule. Perhaps just a bug in OP that re-enables the rule upon reboot? Or perhaps this rule is necessary and OP re-enables it because it needs to?

But does anyone know what this rule is for? I'm not sure I understand what it's used or needed for.

2. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Hello Kerodo.......begin here....
    http://outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13690&highlight=Localhost UDP Connection

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Thank you Rainwalker.. I found a few threads on it at the Outpost forum. I appreciate it...

4. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Your welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.