Outlook x "Junk-Mail" folders

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Hans_007, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hans_007

Hans_007 Registered Member

Hi all!
    I have some Outlook´s, after installing NOD32, more and more "Junk-Mail" folders inside of Outlook where created (Junk-Mail, Junk-Mail (1), Junk-Mail (2) and so on - one up to ..(30)).

I had more than one system to support, but it is everywhere the same. I does not find an Option to deactivate or change a function in NOD32. Outlook had also no function to say whats the junk folder.

client systems are (always and all german versions):
    WinXP SP3, Eset NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition 4 - after updating Version 5 - the same
    Win7 32 and 64, Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010, Eset NOD32 Antivirus Home Edition - equal - all the same.
    The only same is always Kerio Connect as an Mailserver - with Kerio MAPI Connector . But there is no change posibilities - with junk folders.

I think all 3 parts (Outlook, NOD32, Kerio) battle (fights) for the junk folder.

Had some one an idea to fix this?

Best wishes - Hans_007

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

By default the ESET antivirus client creates a folder named, "Infected Items".

Have you changed any of the settings?

Also you can try deleting the redundant folders named "junk-mail". and at the same time isolate each software component that is involved, by disabling it all, and then enabling one, at a time, to figure out what is creating the redundant folders.

You may want to contact ESET support in your local area, and submit to them the exported configuration of the ESET antivirus client, as well as an ESET SysInspector log:

How do I export a configuration to an .xml file to help ESET Customer Care resolve my issue? (Business users)

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2691

How do I create a SysInspector log and submit it to ESET Customer Care for analysis?

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2219

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Under "Move messages to spam folder" in the antispam setup, there's an additional option "Use the folder". Please tick this box and specify the name of the Spam folder into which spam will be moved.
    Let us know if it resolves the issue for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.