Outlook received date is changed when item is copied

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jim H, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim H

Jim H Registered Member

Three users (we have twelve in total) have reported than when they copy an item in Outlook to another folder the received date is changed to the current date/time.

We have tried Outlook 2003 and 2007.
    We have tried ESET Nod versions 2.70.32 and 4.0.417.0
    We have reproduced the problem with all four combinations.

ESET support have been unable to help. We have provided a SysInspector log. This is their most recent response:

"Thank you for the information provided. We went through your log and haven't found anything obvious.

Integration with MS Outlook is part of antispam. As you are using ESET NOD32 Antivirus, you can disable integration with MS Outlook without any adverse effect on scanning. You are not losing any protection at all."

Now I am not an expert, but I am surprised that the Outlook add-in is only for Antispam.

Anyone met this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jim.

In summary, this problem:
    • Only ever occurs while NOD32 is turned on
    • When you find a way of reproducing the problem, the problem appears to manifest itself around 90% of the time
    • Has a much greater chance of occurring if the Source folder has the Reading Pane turned on.
    • Only seems to occur for a “Copy” of an item, not for a “Move”

I have a full dialogue on how to reproduce the problem, but it is difficult to post here as it contains a number of pictures. I have it in Word and .PDF format, but cannot attach them.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume that disabling the scanning of read email will help.

3. Jim H

Jim H Registered Member

Yes, that does appear to work around the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.