Outlook Keeps Disabling EMON

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Albinoni, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

When every I open up my Outlook Email Client sometimes it I get this redwarning box that pops up and says Outlook has blocked EMON or something close to that description. I definately know its EMON.

I am using NOD32 V3.0 AntiVirus Only.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Did you ever fully get rid of version 2.7 as per the discussion in this thread ?

Did you try the removal tool suggested in that thread ?

3. Albinoni

What I did with 2.7 after having difficulty to delete the Prog/Files folder, I re booted the PC in Safe Mode and this did the job and allowed me to delete the folder.

I also completely removed V3.0 and re-booted tha PC as advised after the uninstall.

The removal tool did not seem to work, plus it was in German (I think) in which I did not understand.

Q: How can I find out if V2.0 is completely removed?

Also when I start the laptop now I dont seem to get any V2.0 error or indications such as the V2.0 taskbar logo near the clock.

Forgot to add, if I close Outlook and re-open it, I dont get the error message anymore.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Do We assume correctly that you have Windows Adminstrative rights ?

Assuming the un-install of 2.7 and 3.0 took, I would suggest removing the below keys from the registry if they still exist.

HKCU\Software\ESET and HKLM\Software\ESET

Make sure the Eset folder is deleted in your Program Files\Eset and Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Eset

reboot and then re-check that the above items did get removed.

While this might not be necessary, I'd then suggest after the above is successfully accomplished that you install Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and make sure there is no Eset item remaining, which there shouldn't be.

5. Albinoni

Quick one here, I did go to Prog Files/Eset and had a good look at the Date Modified section and some of the dates went back to 06/08 thats June 2008. I installed my NOD32 V3 less than a week ago which is 07/08, so it must be or show that I still have some of V2.0 lurking somewhere in my laptop, i honestly thought I had deleted the whole lot of V2.0.

6. Albinoni

I am 100% sure I have full Admin privelages/rights, but will re check this to make sure.

7. Albinoni

Ok just checked and Yes I have got full Admin rights and I do also log in as an Administrator, I know also as a fact I did enable my Admin rights in Vista.

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Only because of this uninstall issue do I ask this again....is this install on the same machine as this install from 2 months ago ? Was that May install EAV or ESS ?

Have you accomplished the reg entry and file folder removal request above ?

9. Albinoni

Yes its the same machine.

The May install was EAV V2 and not ESS, most definately Eset Anti Virus.

I did not do the above re reg entry sorry, as I had a feeling this file folder was associated with V3.0 EAV.

But I can do it if you suggest.

When I went into the registry/HCKU/Eset Folder under the Eset folder were two folders, these being Eset security and NOD.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

IF you have un-installed 2.7 and IF you have un-installed 3.0, You need to remove any and all leftover remnants of either install before you can sucessfully attempt to re-install 3.0. When you remove the HKCU\Software\ESET key it will remove those 2 folders, which is what you want to do.

11. Albinoni

12. Albinoni

Ok what I can do is uninstall v3.0 again fully and also delete the Eset folder in the registry/HCKU also once done run CCleaner registry cleaner and fingers crossed this will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.