outlook express security

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by snowy, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy

snowy Guest

haven't seen this mention often..if at all. Outlook Express has a feature that allows a user to use a secure connection (ssl).....a user can also pick the port that it wants outlook express to use...........have also noticed that the feature appears to also apply to pop 3......

I am not sure how this actually applies to pop 3...for those who use this feature or perhaps is awaer of it....can it be used with pop 3 without any known problems....an would it be suggested to do do??

snowman

2. snowy

snowy Guest

before shuting down I thought to give this a testing....works for me.....the assigned port is 995 secure(ssl).....haven't sent any e mails...thats something I never do....so anyone wanting to test this for encryption etc will have to try it for themselfs.....an please let us know the results.....

snowman

3. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hello,

You may use any port and use a personal SMTP server (on localhost) and send your mail through a proxysocks for instance.

This little trick allows you to hide you IP to the recipients : just the proxysocks IP appears and never yours.

Rgds,
    Code:

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/r/bigdance.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.